Thread: Supreme Ruler Cold War: Why only see what being built

Supreme Ruler Cold War: Why only see what being built

We are seeing the first attempt to give us a new way of seeing what we're building? I do not care all that much, I worry about the table, Table of defense spending, and there will be serious as the graphics in the game? If so I just bought the game. But at a stop care about how the construction of units and it looks amazing, more visual only "40 days remaining." What are your thoughts about this?

Re: Supreme Ruler Cold War: Why only see what being built

Is that the number of days remaining until the unit is being built? Otherwise, all we have is a small display stand; I think is a big step back to the user interface, replacing the processed information to a screen that says nothing to the player. Idea Approximate by the end, which is different, even for the same unit, built in different places due to the levels of supply, not to mention different types of units. Under the current system, a look and see each unit is ready to roll in X days. No guess work, no user intervention required to obtain additional information, click on the production and bam, there.

I can tell you GUI has changed markedly since the screenshot, in fact, that area has changed 3 times IIRC. That screenshot must be considered "pre-alpha" if no such thing. There are still plenty of adjustments to be down to how data is represented in units of today continues to "build" with the underlying mechanics as before. The content of a line in the list, however the list is available, was also discussed at length, but remembers that all data may be available in tooltips. Watch for new versions of the screen in the future.

In a heavy user interface and on time, are now required even more time / effort to get meaningful information. A pie chart display, as it tells you almost nothing. A rough estimate of completes, but what of. A unit could be 50% done and still have 50 days to complete, another 33% have 10 days to go, but the graph shows the last "less", while telling you when it is completed. That is a step backwards in terms of information available to the player, and only a small step beyond that has no way to see the progress of production at all.

Not yet say what the level of information presented, but for a game of Cold War, "in your face" heavy stats should be more focused on the influence of the superpowers in other regions and political happening in the world in the military. Some of the things military rightly be buried a bit in this version of the game. This is at least what I found in some of our discussions and tend to agree. But as mentioned, do not go through that screen, is well out of date.

I blame myself, not knowing what fundamental changes are being made, be mentally stuck in the thought of a cold war campaign in the engine SR2020. What you say can be excellent. If we are talking about removing the certainty of time it takes to set, I am 1000% on board. It will display R & D, obtaining an estimate of the research or production time / cost, and real progress is being a bit fuzzy, allowing delays, cost overruns, etc. We know all about that in the U.S. The defense industry is something of a master at it.

Right now I'm not concerned with how they are, what your presentation is interesting enough for me, though. So forget, so this version is, how many versions has been, what version of your own time, and if possible, answer the question about what we're seeing in terms of what is sought to be communicated to player. IE is this an attempt at a way to allow the player to more easily see what and how many that is being built at a time.