Thread: Map Suggestion for Commander - The Great War

Map Suggestion for Commander - The Great War

I am a big fan of CEAW than the PBEM unsafe. It seems that this game is going to fix what is great. However, I have a concern. It was a terrible game CNAW, largely because they simply were not enough hexes in Europe to allow the maneuver. From the screenshots of this game that seems to face a similar problem. I'd recommend you consider an option to increase the room for maneuver at least in the major fronts to avoid the syndrome of parking, particularly since stack is not implemented in the game.

Re: Map Suggestion for Commander - The Great War

In my opinion the biggest problem was trying to portrait CNAW semi-tactical Napoleonic battles on a map at a strategic campaign. Clearly there was not room for it. WW1 is much more comparable to World War 2 the Napoleonic wars in scale and many other things. So the game is much more similar to the CNAW. The Western Front was known for its "lack of leeway," which is exactly what led to stagnation in the trenches. We are balancing the economies of the factions and the unit cost / maintenance to ensure you will not be able to press 3 rows of solid Corps along the western front.

After 1914 the most dynamic front / important the Eastern Front and the Balkans, and other front that AI or choose to open. The density of the unit will be a little lower than it should have CEAW enough space in the East and the Arabian Desert. Combined with a shorter LOS (compared CEAW) the element of surprise will be very important and therefore foster concentration and maneuvering of forces. We have a couple of "tactical" units such as armored cars and cavalry, but they have a very specific and limited purpose.

I respectfully agree with that analysis. The front can be restricted while offering players some of granularity unit size to allow maneuvering. If the level of unity of the army or army group size then there really is not much movement as possible - you just smash some units at the front, without a lot of thought or options. If the level of division or unit is the size corp then there is a lot more flexibility for the player. Instead of "my 2 or 3 units to crush in Belgium", which can be "my more experienced bodies occupy the area around and south of Brussels, and my new body of militia extend to the south line of defense in the Ardennes.

The waterfront is completed with a mixture of French Foreign Legion body and Belgian body "This latest decision rises far more interesting for the player and that's what I mean room for maneuver. Granularity is about to why the western front. Solidified think largely it is a function of technology: machine guns and trenches with offensive for any part to address the non-defense artillery (no tanks, planes to speak of, etc), not only due to limited width front.

Certainly, hence can be "more interesting", but it only takes into account the Western Front. If the scale of the game allows only ~ 10 units in Belgium is looking for 100 units + campaign map to manage the entire everything. I'm not saying that it would be fun, but not the magnitude we are seeing in this game commander. Their focus is on a higher strategic level, to simulate that of CEAW. Hindenburg Line is a good example. We currently have no type of construction, however, only automated consolidation.