Thread: Flanking in Panzer Corps

Flanking in Panzer Corps

I do not know if this is something planned for the Panzer Corps, but I was curious if it were. For example, Panzer General, if you surround a King Tiger with Sherman, and is probably looking at a 0-7 result to attack until the King Tiger runs out of ammunition. Of course the scale is played Panzer, flanking might not make much sense, but I would not mind seeing the average position of a bit more than they did in PG. I do not know what the plan is PZC, but if there are plans to place more significant, I think it might be a good dialogue to participate in.

Re: Flanking in Panzer Corps

It could be something very simple too; just an arrow pointing in the direction of a unit is 'front'. Attacking the main unit on or through the two hexagons of another head in front is a commitment, while the other 3 hexes are considered complementary. PG had an element of support. With its initiative PG2 decreased each time a unit participated in a battle to turn. In PG-III of the sanctions further increased the share of each combat unit.

Imagine for a moment the infantry in the city in the "middle" of the blade has a small arrow pointing to the hexagonal NORTHWEST, indicating that they face. If you attack the unit from the north, northwest or southwest, there is no change, the standard Panzer General Meeting. Imagine if you somehow have a unit that hex to attack from the southeast. It would be so unreasonable that there is an additional, albeit small and dominant, not benefit from this? Given this picture, you have ZOC the content, in addition to the water forms a natural bottleneck.

If we are in the style PG, which causes some problems, because in reality you are not hitting with the accompaniment of units at once, rather than a unit moves, attacks, and then another unit moves, and then attacks. So for that, I think the old method of reducing the lead for the battle is fine. Now if this new version allows true simultaneous attacks, then you could go the route Combat Command and add a bonus of 10% to each adjacent hex with an attack unit, which apply to the total power Fire is applied against the defender.

I agree, it is true that flank the PG dynamics of the game really could not work because it only attacks the unit at a time. Even if you had the direction indicator of the unit, which stops the unit facing the direction of the second attack? If that were the case that could defeat any drive with any drive just by attacking several times in different directions in a single shift. i.e., the militia against a King Tiger and the militia is the winner. It should never be the case unless the KT is out of ammunition or fuel.

Maybe something can be added as a bonus for the second attacker who attacks a complete unity of direction from the first attack came. For example: a tiger attacking a Sherman from the top. Then another attack Sherman from the bottom of Tigre. The final attack receives a bonus due to attack a unit of a full address in front of his earlier attack came. This would also make users wary of the field and possibly a continuous line.

What if the unit leader as the ability of flanking maneuver, so that after giving the status of being a unit of attack from the north then only unit that has attributes accompanying maneuver can get bonuses accompanying otherwise, should be the opposite (south). In my opinion this could have some tactical situation to decide a certain unity may be more effective than others for certain conditions.

Accompaniment is not applicable in a strategy game. In a sense that you will receive a bonus side and under more units to attack the same target. Flanking one side or back and gain an advantage in combat is only for tactical level games. pg is strategic and that despite talk of a hexagon surrounded, there is a ring of troops out by 1000 on each side of hex. But that leads to a point that I hope will consider: whether to attack a defender with, for example 5 units, pg did a shitty job was originally allowing the defender to shoot five times.