Thread: AI and lack of customizable difficulty in Panzer Corps

AI and lack of customizable difficulty in Panzer Corps

As I stated in my title there are two exceptions are there to this unfortunate - AI and the lack of customizable difficulty levels. I'll start with the first difficulty settings, since it seems to play with. First, there is no way to manually edit the starting amounts of prestige or experience for good or evil, which makes some of the scenarios incredibly easy, even on the quarterback. (For example, I cleaned the Kursk salient, with several turns to spare when playing as a unique setting. I was also surprised to find that started with 4,000 reputations as the Germans, when all my history books I've always said that replacements in this battle were at a premium due to recent Italian invasions and an all-in mentality of the Kursk offensive. (Sorry for the digression, but I think the context helps.) My point is that I would love the chance to play manually with modifiers like these to get the right amount of challenge in the game without having to open the scenario editor.

Re: AI and lack of customizable difficulty in Panzer Corps

I am playing quarterback in the '39 campaign has not been too difficult. To be fair, not all roses either (I missed the '40 release of Sea Lion, for example, for once), but I've generally been able to achieve decisive victories in only one or two players-through. Russia was just crushed, and now I'm embarking on Sea Lion '42 and do not feel as if I had to work very hard to get to this point. I'm still mastering the concepts of the game and play some of these fights without knowing the distribution of enemy troops, or how best to organize my strength, either. I love the ability to increase the difficulty here in my next play through, either by reduced amounts of prestige, higher costs of replacements elite, or more bonds of AI.

I think a great improvement would be to at least put in the options slider for the difficulty settings in both the campaign and scenario levels, so the player can manually adjust the level of AI, the amount of prestige of the player and start the stage with AI, and the experience of the units on both sides. I love the possibility of scenarios so difficult (or easy) as needed. This would be particularly useful for balancing things for multiplayer games, too, if a part begins with a clear advantage for the simple fact of the set design (e.g., the allies on stage in Germany).

I can't discover any information regarding the dissimilarities between them! Panzer Corps is so great about transparency in battle outcomes; I would adore knowing the nuts and bolts dissimilarities between Colonel and Field Marshall, too--even if just as tool instructions while choosing them. I don't that would be too much difficulty for a patch, and I wish you will reflect on applying superior options around complexity settings in a future update.

Like PG forever, this AI seems to prevent the creation and maintenance of an air force of hunkering down with a prickly combination of anti-air and artillery around the major cities. There seems to be little awareness of how operational know fight battles. The AI often blindly follow an order of battle does not take into account the engine Panzer Corps. The units are often (though not always) move and fire / fire and sequential movement wing Panzer General, but this is no longer necessary Panzer Corps. The units also seem unaware of the use of repression as a prelude to attacks. Often, I will be attacked, then the unit is deleted, which is really just a waste of good guns.

That kind of agreement. All was well with the IA to the Italian stage in which Allied aircraft dusted, Anzio reduced to zero, then swept the cities and took aim at something like 8 or 9 laps. Completely defeated the Allies. That should not happen. And this was in the middle setting. The IA must preserve the air, kill enemy units if you have the opportunity, and never cross a river gradually without any plan, such as having backup artillery units of the crossing. Best IA remains the Holy Grail of strategy games, I guess.

Adding custom configuration difficulty is in to-do list. The delayed because other things were more important for the 1.0, but we hope to do in a patch. Having said that, after winning the game at quarterback (i.e., U.S. win a decisive victory), you get extra 3 levels of difficulty. Each offers a different challenge and it is difficult in itself. It would be interesting to know your opinion reach them. As for AI, I will try to improve the work that is not finished.