Thread: What is the effect of difficulty settings in the Panzer Corps game?

What is the effect of difficulty settings in the Panzer Corps game?

I am very new to the gaming world. And most probably the Panzer Corps game by slitherine is most probably my very first game. So, I am very much nil when it comes to having knowledge about the games. So kindly show co-operation with me. I had a small doubt regarding the game play. I noticed that it is having different higher difficulty levels. So, I wanted to know what does the higher difficulty level do in games. What are their effects on the game? Please help me.

Re: What is the effect of difficulty settings in the Panzer Corps game?

I am not sure about the difference in between the difficulty levels and trust me it is vey confusing to understand the same. May be higher difficulty level will be having more numbers of enemy units. OT the enemy units might be provided with much more and much better stats. There are high changes that the AI of the game is increased. Better AI will make the game much more aggressive. The enemy unit will be having much better Strength and you will be finding it more difficult to clear the stage unlessyou try that harder.

The Panzer Corps game by slitherine consists of 3 levels of AI and not 2 as mentioned by many others on Internet. The first two levels of the Panzer Corps game just use the basic AI level like the colonel plays on the intermediated. Whereas the third level of the Panzer Corps game consists of Advanced AI level. Thus it will be making it more difficult for the player to complete the campaign. You probably have to use tricks and should become pro inorder to complete the stages efficiently.

In difficult settings the gameplay of the computer is very good and even the strength of the computer is increased by a considerable amount in higher and more difficult level. So you can say that at higher AI levels, the AI units are "overstrengthedā€, thus making it even more difficult for the player to cross the enemy unit and destroy them. The overstrengthing do have a severe effect on the experiance levelof the player. I am not sure but most probably 1 star can overstrength d enemy unit up to 11 sp's, whereas the 5 star will increase the strength of the enemy unit by about 15 sp's.

In the sergeant scene, I have noticed that all the enemy units are provided with about -5 strength modifier, among which few are responsible to reduce the ability of the AI and the player also has the experience bonus. Whereas in the Colonel scene, you will notice that both Strength and Experience modifier is missing and the AI will be playing at an average level. On Field Marshal, strength modifiers are absent, but the player is capable of receiving a negative experience modifier. Here you will notice that the AI is playing at their best.

I will suggest you to go through the manual or the user guide which might be provided with the game. In the following manual you will be finding all the necessary information regarding the game. It will be including almost everything like the system requirement to play the game, different modes to play the game. The process to start the game, play it in a much more efficient way etc. If you are unable to find the manual or user guide, then I will recommend you to go through the official website of Panzer Corps game and gain the necessary information.

Thanks everyone for the replies. They were very helpful. Seriously speaking, it was very kind of everyone of you people to reply so quickly and help me in solving and clearing my doubt. I really appreciate that. And talking about the manuals of the game, I must say that was pretty good suggestion. The manuals and the user guides helped me out very well to understand about the game, its different characters and purposes. The provided guidance was indeed very good.