Thread: How to use tanks effectively in Panzer Corps

How to use tanks effectively in Panzer Corps

I have started playing the Panzer Corps video game. I am enjoying it a lot but find it little difficult now. I am now in the Lowlands Scenario where I have already lost the 1939 Campaign on Lieutenant. I noticed that the tank forces which consists of 5-6 units of panzer2-4 are almost useless for me as they are not helping me out. I am unable to find any good use of the following tanks. So, I wanted to know is there a more effective way in which I can use these tanks. Please help me in clearing the stage. Any kind of help will be appreciated.

Re: How to use tanks effectively in Panzer Corps

In my opinion you should make use of combined Arm forces inorder to clear the stage. What you need to do is soften up your enemy’s infantry by using artillery or air assaults. And if you use the Fighter strafing, that will also help you in reducing the enemy entrenchment levels. Make sure that you are using your tanks to attack your enemy in an open terrain. You should remember that the Blitzkrieg is all about destroying the weak spots in the enemy lineup and penetrating inside to destroy them completely.

I am also playing the Panzer Corps video game from sometimes now, and I have noticed that when we are hitting an enemy unit with our artillery in order to suppress them and then when we use the tanks to destroy them, the result is very much effective. But one must never forget that a combined arms is always the best option. If you ask me, I would go for 2 friendly INF with a tank and a rear-hex arty to play against the enemy unit. I know it is somewhat of overkill but still it is very effective. Also if you don’t feel like using tanks and they seems to be useless to you then you can also avoid purchasing and replacing them.

I find the MG's and low caliber cannons to be sufficient to take on the enemy units. This is because at this stage of the game, the tank you are using is far better then what is used by the enemies. The early war tanks give the best results when it comes to hunt down the artillery along with other uses. The Blitzkrieg of the Countries at lower level in history was not that successful because the German tanks would massacre everything that came on their path.

As others have mentioned tanks are need to remove/ destroy the artillery of the backfield BEFORE your infantry arrives. The tanks can then be called back to the front line and wipe off the weakened infantry units which are running low on health and are no longer rooted. You must remember to always find out the enemy unit which is weak and are easy to be targeted. This easy target can be anything from a racon vehicle or an infantry unit or any soft targeting vehicle which is approaching. Make sure that you are upgrading your tanks.

The Panzer's Tank I and II can only be used to destroy artillery and to certain extent AA guns and you can even attack infantry if you are in an open space. They are not that much effective as their attack value is very low. But the good point is that they do not suffer many casualties and a very good mobility. You can easily move them around past any kind of choke points and attack the enemy from behind in their soft targets. Once you have weakened your enemies AA and artillery so considerable amount, you can use your own artillery and bombers to completely clean the entrenchments. Makes sure that you are using combined arm forces to do so.

I am using the following arms combination and has found it to be pretty good. So I will also suggest you to have a look at it and try it:
    • Number of Infantry - 6+
    • Number of Artillery - 2 to 3
    • Number of Tanks - 4
    • Number of Recon – 1 or 2
    • Number of Fighter planes – 4+ (you should get more Fighter planes once you notice that the force pool is enlarging)
    • Number of Stukas – 2+
    • Number of Level Bombers – 2 or 3