Thread: Xbox freezes after stopping a show in Netflix

Xbox freezes after stopping a show in Netflix

Hey people I have got Xbox. It was working well and good until few time back. But today while watching movies and shows in Netflix using my Xbox I noticed that the device completely freezes and even gives black screen sometimes. This happens when I am trying to go back to the main menu while watching movies or it even happens when I am stopping the show and trying to start it back. Please help me in solving the issue. This is really irritating issue now.

Re: Xbox freezes after stopping a show in Netflix

You should first make sure that the Xbox is working fine. Check out whether the controller is working well and good or not. Check out for the lights. Also try pressing some buttons on the Xbox controller and see whether you getting any kind of response or not. Restart the Xbox console manually and then check out whether the issue gets resolved or not. It seems that problem might be for temporary reasons.

I would recommend you to uninstall the Netflix and try reinstalling it. Once you have done the following, restart your device and check if you can experience any changes or not. You should also clear the cache before you are actually trying to use the Netflix again to watch movies or shows via Xbox. There are actually many reasons which can cause the following issue with your Xbox. Find out the real culprit behind the issue and you will be able to solve the issue easily within no time.

Thank you pals for those replies. I appreciate the time and efforts which you spend in replying the post. But unfortunately nothing seems to be solving my issue. I did exactly what was mentioned in your suggestions, but it did not help me out in any ways. Uninstalled and reinstalled Netflix, but still stuck up in the same issue. Now I am seriously tired of the following issue. Please help me guys. Any type of help will be appreciated.

One more thing which would highly affect the performance and can cause the problem similar to your problem is network connection issue. If the speed of Internet service which is connected to your device in order to perform the task of viewing movies and serials is not working well, then it is but obvious that you will be getting the lag issues. I would recommend you to make sure that the connection is working perfectly fine and there no blockage or break up in the connection line which might slow down the internet and thus effect later.

You should reset your network. If you are connected with the help of a wireless network; WiFi, then I would recommend you to reset your router and modem connection. And if you are connected with the help of the Ethernet connection, then you will be requiring resetting of the cable modem. If resetting the Internet connection is also not solving the issue, then I would recommend you to contact your service provider and complain them about the issue which you are facing because of low internet speed.

I think the issue which you are facing needs to be discussed with the Xbox or the Netflix officials. They are the best known people who will be able to clarify your issue and provide you with the most appropriate solution for your issue. So search for the official website of both and visit them both. In the Contact Us link, you will be find the necessary number and email ID which you can use to contact the officials and get a proper solution for the issue.

My xbox does the same exact thing the only way for me to watch netflix. say..movie back to back or show to show.... is to turn off the console, and restart the entire system. this is very annoying... I have deleted. reinstalled. and re-updated. i really hope for an update soon or something to help this problem. my xbox is new wi-fi built in with 250 gbs.

yes many problems have been reported about this. Well it seems to me that it is caused by the recent netflix update. As such nothing can be done about this, all i can say is that wait for the netflix people to fix this issue. Till that time you can clear out the hard drive cache through system settings. See if that is giving you any kind of changes or not.