Thread: No dialog options with dog or god in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

No dialog options with dog or god in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

I recruited all three companions. I am not able to talk to Dog/God. I hit Talk on the companion wheel and he just says something about letting Dog out because he's hungry. I can't dismiss him to hire someone else, and I can't talk to Elijah about having recruited all three. I have since saved a few times, and myself didn't think to keep one from BEFORE going into the BoS bunker. Now, I'm stuck in the Villa, I have explored the whole damn thing, and I cannot get rid of Dog.

re: No dialog options with dog or god in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

I am having the same issue, as well I can’t loot deans hidden suit cases and search dead ghost cretures and there is a also one of those playing cards in the fountain where Elijah’s hologram is which as you might of already guessed I cant interact with ! Good job obsidian. I don't have any Dead Money quests because I previously got all three companions, but I can't leave the Villa because it's not spotting that I have them all or something. I speculated around it all, even going back to the police station to attempt and trigger something to detach it; didn't work. I think I am just going to have to admit that this file is now useless and wish that it doesn't occur on my next one.

We'll look into it. First, can you guys go into the game settings and let us know what version you see? From the title screen, select Settings, then Display. From there, you should see version number in the bottom left corner. Let us know what that reads. That version number is incompatible with Dead Money. Latest patch on Steam is 1.2.0.352-- Steam automatically makes you grab this to be able to play the game. If you're in offline mode, connect to Steam and download the latest version to play the DLC.

I have the same Problems with this quest. I have chose God as an Companion, brought Christine an Dean at their places and now Dog is standing at the fountain and yells at me that he is hungry.
    My Game is up to date. And the playing of the tapes brings no result. I as well tried some workarounds to force Dog to work together.

1. I killed / resurrect him via console - no result
    2. I move him per force via console to the switches - now he starts a dialog - when I command him to stay at switches he says that he is hungry and want to eat quietly and need to find his master - than he run to the fountain. At this point I didn’t find a harvester how drops the meat to feed dog? (I as well tried to resurrect some of them)
    3. I looked the door of the switch roome via console but dog gets stuck in his running animation.

Here I just wish to add something in this case, as how much I know or how much I heard one XBOX user had similar situation: 'Dog glitches and the game won't recognize that all 3 companions are at the fountain'. On the first two times: Dog was freed from the cage and the problem occurred and on the 3rd time God was freed and no problems. This is what I heard, don't have XBOX or the DLC, so can't confirm the information.

Re: No dialog options with dog or god in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

I had this same bug happen and could not find a way to fix it, I updated to the latest PC version and still it did not work, here's how I fixed it. Reload from a save when you first get the quests to go find the collars. You should have all three quests active. Go straight to the police station, get the audio log from the basement, and turn off all the radios beside Dog's cell. Play the audio log to begin the Dog dialogue. ”This is where you must go perfectly”. I do not recall the exact series of questions I answered, but I avoided the questions which required skills (medical, Lockpick etc) until finally it said "Play audio", when I was prompted again, I had the option to let dog follow me, or send him back to the fountain.

Re: No dialog options with dog or god in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

What i found was if you had dog, and used him to the end of recruiting, he runs back to the fountian, but i had the same problem as well, untill i did that, and it worked, and trust me i tried every other way. What you might find is the problem will occur again on the next quest so here is my solution for that.
    RyanInt helped me find my method. If you are using the pc, get the ref id for god/dog (its the same number) and make your way to the station by yourself, once inside of the station, shut the gates behind you and use the console command to spawn dog/god to you. i found that when he came to me, he changed from dog to god automatically, and we had a heated exchange of words, untill he finally decided to stay put, i had intelligence maxed out, and speech as well, so hopefully this will work for you too! CIAO
    Last edited by Krisitanea; 05-07-2011 at 09:45 PM. Reason: FORGOT TO PUT IN THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION! ;D