Thread: Do you think survival horror is now action survival

Do you think survival horror is now action survival

People say that now is survival horror action survival. Has lost his touch and is not survival horror. Well, I articulate it is survival horror! Survival horror is a sub-genre of action games and escapade. Thus, although they are action games, which are survival horror, on condition that the character is scared and has to portion resources. Dead Space is a superior illustration. It's scary; the character has to ration resources (except ammunition) and has the action.

Re: Do you think survival horror is now action survival

Survival Horror in my opinion, has worsened in recent years, I remember playing games in the past and fear of being. Now, do not seem to have the same sentiment, true dead space and FEAR have their moments when jumping or shouting "Wow!" but after a while the feeling is that something you can predict when something will happen. In games of the previous generation, I felt the shocks were more random and had more effect.

Survival Horror these days is still very smooth; the games are nothing like they were in past generations. The "survival" part of it is fading because many players cannot handle the gameplay intense and challenging as Silent Hill, where if you ran out of bullets had to use a wooden board or simply had to a mad dash to a safe area or Resident Evil in which only the hope that an herb in the corner or you're a Gonner.

I do not know how many times I get "scared" to buy a horror game I get assigned surprised. I remember Silent Hill for PSone and any enemy of Resident Evil and before they did for me in the department of frightening these games. That means I've been playing "horror" games for more than ten years how much could be expected as in any other facet of the life of my tolerance has grown. But at the same time, if there is something that literally put too much fear in the way their performance to respond?

No, not to achieve their full potential and developers who are dumping the games down. The developers know that fewer people will buy the game if it is terrible and that's not what they want. So make a game easier and fewer scares and more people buy them. Resident Evil is a good example. The original resolution 2.5 million copies sold, while the resolution is less scary 5 sold 5.5 million. That is much more. But I read somewhere that Capcom goes back to its roots with Resolution 6, so no more shocks, surprises and what.

Survival horror was a term invented through Capcom Resident Evil market. Basically all the clones were named RE survival horror after he left. That style of play is gone; now everyone has their definition of it and not means anything else. RE, Dead Space and all those like action games and adventure in an atmosphere of terror. I love RE games old, but you cannot deny that Resident Evil 4 is one of the best games in history, easily better than anything that came before and after. Remains the gold standard and nothing really comes close.

The survival horror action is an additional form of it, however it was a small too prominent lately worried that his fans a horror survival that will influence all horror support games. See how Silent Hill: Homecoming is gone, or how the Resident Evil series changed, of course. There is a huge difference to have 15 bullets in his gun, three left on the gun and a knife, a package of health, to have 175 bullets in your gun pulse of 34 years in the Ripper, 16 as a pitcher Mina Proximity and although only two small packages of health left, you know enough because another will fall ill next.