Thread: List of Unofficial Steam Games with DRM

List of Unofficial Steam Games with DRM

Here I just want to know about some unofficial steam games with DRM. Anyone have any idea about this? Included games are DRM-schemes involved, the issues and obstacles may arise because of this DRM, and what you can do to stop DRM from interfering with the gaming experience. Please share as much as idea you have. I really like or appreciated any useful response for this question. Thanking you in advance.

Re: List of Unofficial Steam Games with DRM

A latest edition of GTA4 has been come out. It emerges to be annulled of SecuROM, but at a standstill utilizes Rockstar Club and GFWL. If anybody can verify the elimination of SecuROM, please post here with the information. Just two games out of 81 I possess with DRM. And that's for some reasons. I even possess GTA: IV and Red faction: Guerrilla. The Witcher at sell has tages I think or it was as well detached through patch.

It’s too inquisitive about GTA IV full Edition. They detached this fraction from the fine print (integrated on GTA IV store page). "An internet connection, mixed software installations, and convinced service registrations are necessary for activation and utilize of this software." As well, other necessities doesn't list "software installations necessary counting Sony DADC SecuROM" like on the Episodes store page. Just C&C4 has it. It maybe not going to be utilized on anything else.

It was speculating what DRM "battle stations: pacific" would have, but your information leads to dirt2. Not a grievance, just reporting. It looks to be utilizing 3rd party DRM. "Game utilizes SolidShield pleased defense technology. Game can be amusing you on up to 20 PCs at the parallel time; users can handle which PCs are certified or uncertified to play game." Somebody moved this back to where it belongs to.

Just indicating that the confines on Alpha Protocol, Borderlands, and GTA4: EFLC are for concurrent activations, and as well neutralize themselves at the time of un-installation. It perhaps worth remaindering that, in case people wrongly think the games becomes ineffective later than being installed 6 times (like Spore was while bought at sell).

It at a standstill annoyances me that they can defy to place a limit on the sum of times you can setup a game. You are punishing the very people who wrinkled your pockets by lawfully and legally acquiring your product. Its stuff like that that begins to twist people to unlawful or unofficial downloads. DRM just doesn't toil. Applications like steam do far more to restrain piracy than DRM. I won't intentionally purchase a game which I know to have that type of DRM because I decline to support it.

With the 80 percent of MLB sale from 2K at present, I am inquisitive about MLB 2K10 and Front Office Manager. Seems like 2K9 has SecuROM, but the additional two titles don't state DRM one way or the other. By the way, I am just happy to see these things here. Are we currently on the Patrick Troughton manifestation, or have we moved on to Jon Pertwee?