Thread: Getting Error message‘Disconnect: This Steam account does not own this game. ‘On Steam

Getting Error message‘Disconnect: This Steam account does not own this game. ‘On Steam

Well I am trying to play Counter Strike on the computer of mine. but I am unable to do the same. I am getting an error message when I am trying to connect with the game server. The error message can be stated as follow ‘this steam account does not own this game please log into the correct account’ I am unable to figure out why this particular error message being prompted. Let me know if you are having any specific solution to get the requirement of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

re: Getting Error message‘Disconnect: This Steam account does not own this game. ‘On Steam

Well there could be various factors which might be causing this particular issue. So I am asking some of the basic questions which would help me out to figure out the root cause. Which operating system do you have installed? Tell me about the hardware configuration as well as the internet connection which you are using? Let me know the Steam Id which you are using. Do you installed any firewall or security software on the computer.

re: Getting Error message‘Disconnect: This Steam account does not own this game. ‘On Steam

Looking at the problem I am suggesting a universal solution which you should try and let me know whether it is working or not.
    1. You have to close Steam if it is already opened and then you have to go for the directory where you have installed Steam.
    2. Here you have to search for the ClientRegistry.blob and delete the same.
    3. Now restart the steam it would automatically create the above mentioned file on the computer. So try the same and let me know whether it is working or not.

I am not sure about the solution which I am going to tell you about but you should try at least once and see whether you are successful to resolve the matter. I recommend that you should simply logout from the Stream and wait for at least 10 minutes and then you should simply login to the computer of yours. once you have done the above mentioned thing you should try to play the game on the Steam.

Well in this particular situation I think the firewall or security software which you have installed might be causing the issue. I recommend that you should simply disable the Firewall and the security software which you have installed on the computer. After that you should launch the Steam on the computer and see whether you are getting the issue. If there is no issue while playing the game then you have to configure the Firewall to avoid this particular matter.

I think due to some unknown reason the files of the Steam which you have installed might be corrupted. Well the only solution is to reinstall the Steam on the computer. You should uninstall the Steam as well as all the files which are associated with Steam. Once you have done the same you should restart the computer and then you should try to install the steam on the computer of yours. after reinstalling the Steam again you should restart the computer and make an attempt to play the game.

I am highly suspecting that there could be an issue with Steam itself. I mean to say that there could be bug issue which is causing this particular problem on the computer. Well I recommend that you have to contact the developer and simply file a bug report so that the developer can find out where exactly problem is happening. The developer of the game would study the code and fix the bug after that they would release the patch which you can apply to fix the matter of yours.