Thread: Steam is not saving the categories of Video game

Re: Steam is not saving the categories of Video game

I don’t why this particular problem in your case however I wanted to know the answer s of the below mentioned questions which would help me to figure the root cause of the problem. Which operating system do you running on the computer? Do you have done any software changes on the system? Which version of Steam do you have installed? From when you are getting above mentioned issue. Answer the above mentioned questions as early as possible.

Steam is not saving the categories of Video game

I have installed Steam on the computer of mine. whenever I choose any of the Steam game from the library and click on the Set Category. The selected category did not save the game as I close the Steam. The Steam seems to be forgetting all the Steam. I am unable to figure out whether this particular issue is associated with the Steam itself or the computer which you are using. Let me know if you are having any specific solution to solve the matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

I am having a particular solution which you can use to fix the matter.
    • First of all you should simply launch the Steam if it is already closed.
    • Now you have to click on the Steam menu and then you have to go for Offline.
    • You have to edit the categories and then simply go for online.

After doing the same you will resolve the issue which you are getting.

Well I let you know that I was having the same problem which you are getting in the situation of yours. I have done lots of googling to get the root cause of the problem as well as solution. But there was nothing to fix the matter. However I have managed to fix the matter by own. I have simply restarted the Steam on the computer and then amazingly all the game category was working fine. So you should restart Steam on the computer and let me know whether it is working or not.

Well I am highly suspecting that there could be an issue with the Steam itself. I recommend that you should simply reinstall Steam on the computer of yours. you should uninstall the Steam client and then reboot the computer. After rebooting the computer you should try to install the Steam on the computer. So after reinstalling the Steam you have to see that you are getting the above mentioned issue or not.

I am not sure but the issue which you are getting due to bug issue. It is impossible to fix the bug issue on a forum. However you can fix the bug issue by contacting the developer of this particular software. You should provide the information which you are getting. The developer would work on this particular situation and fix the bug issue and release the patch which you can apply to solve the matter.