Thread: What should be allowed into the VAC game modifications?

What should be allowed into the VAC game modifications?

I love to play Video gaming on the computer of mine. I have played number of games on valve. Let me know if you are aware of anything regarding the game mod is allowed on the VAC or not. Let me know if you are aware of any ban on VAC. Any comments on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: What should be allowed into the VAC game modifications?

I let you know that you will not be banned for the game which you are not using VAC at all. The protected games are having all the source 2007-2004 for the multiplayer source mod. You will have enabled all the multiplayer mods on the VAC enabled game. However there are couple of game which are banned by the VAC. Those games are HL engine games . particularly Golden Source has been affected by these particular bans.

Following stuffs are ok with VAC and you can use the same while playing game on steam. I am posting below which would help you out the thing over here.
    • You can use the console to run the command . provided console enabler should be needed to get the console.
    • You can also edit the config file of the game. Also you can use the Steam on the USB drive.

Well by using the source game you will be able to use any skin on the game. You should not use any installer exe because it would not work the reason is sv_pure setting would not allow any modification on the server. You will be able to run the source game on Linux as well as Wine even you can replace the sound file of the game. You can use any of the console cheat until and unless server is having sv_cheats is set to 1. You can also install the client side plugin on the server provided that the server should be using the –insecure.

If you are using skin into the MW2 which is modifying the iwd files cannot be considered as a bannable act. If you are replacing any of the texture of the game by any mean then it would be safe and there would be no action from VAC. Materials of the new game would not contain modifications which can modify the COM or DLL file of the game. So you should not worry if you are supposed to use the above mentioned thing in the game.

I have figure out the following things which are not allowed by VAC in any manner.
    1. You should not use any application which would modify the game also you will not be able to modify the dll or exe file of the game.
    2. Mods which are having dll file or exe file can be considered as unsafe.
    3. You should not disable VAC by using something like third party application tools even you can not bypass VAC by any mean.

Following are the some more factors which can be banned by VAC.
    • You should not run the modified version of Stem client executable. If you do the same you will disable the account of yours.
    • You should not sell or hire the account because it would disable the account as it is mentioned previously.

I am hoping that the thing which I have mentioned over here would be useful to you.