Thread: Team Fortress 2 Replay Editor Crashes when it gets launched in steam

Team Fortress 2 Replay Editor Crashes when it gets launched in steam

Team Fortress 2 is one of my favorite games which I almost play every day with my friends. I like this game and there are many maps present in this game. But now-a-days it is giving me many problems. I don’t know whether it’s the fault of game or the problem is something else but every time the app crashes. Even though the game runs perfectly so I don’t have any idea what the problem is. So if anyone knows about these then please do help.

Re: Team Fortress 2 Replay Editor Crashes when it gets launched in steam

I'm having the same issue. It worked fine during the Saxxies, but ever since the new update, it's been broken. This is a shame, because I’d really like to save some of this stuff. Well I also tried a fresh steamapps profile for tf2 problem was the same? I just got the Uber update, and it still crashes, so it's still broken. Well I would suggest you to try the same updates and I hope it work out for you.

Try installing this game as well as steam. Also check all the file based permissions, this might be the problem I hope so. Also if you are using Mac then try using Windows and run this game again. The reason I am telling is because many games are not being supported by Mac OS thus you can try running them with Windows xp, Vista or Windows 7. May be this is the problem which is creating crash to the game.

I’m having the same issue, except even worse. I cannot even play the game. Even if I just sit in the menu and click no buttons at all, tf2 and steam will crash. I tried many things such as Opting in and opting out of betas, Verifying and Defragging files, Updating to Mac OS X 10.6.8 but nothing seems to work. Well you can try all these solutions and I hope at least any one of them work for you. All the best.

Hey listen buddy have you tried deleting your tf2 config file? I know you re-installed Steam but these files might have been left before, go to ~/Library/Application Support/Steam and delete the folder, if it’s there. Also there was a small update to TF2 today, still same error message, has anyone opened a support ticket? Well try this thing out and if worked successfully then do reply here since it may help others.

I got a reply back from my support ticket where someone asked me to update to the latest version of Windows and run an msinfo32 report. Managed to get tf2 running again via physically copying TF2 files from other computers, seems that the backup still makes my steam crash, tf2 replay still isn't working, different error message though. Well I would suggest you to try this solution and I hope it works for you.