Thread: Portal 2 crashes on steam when starts up

Portal 2 crashes on steam when starts up

So I'm having big problems with Steam, and have been more than a year. Basically, it was unable to launch and play any game of steam and the Steam client is very sensitive, and constantly colliding. Steam Support has been absolutely no help, and I stopped worrying for a while. However, I just Portal 2 and the same is happening, and I cannot play! What happens when I try to start Portal 2? The large window starts from the bottom of my menu bar at the top of my dock. The window flashes and then becomes smaller, and the configuration of the screen change color slightly. The game goes full screen and half a second of audio plays the logo of the valve in the beginning. Please help.

Re: Portal 2 crashes on steam when starts up

I have almost the same issue. Fortunately, I had an old PC ready for my iMac would not be able to play Portal 2. So that's my advice - find a PC to play. Just for the moment. There has to be strong or anything, my old PC, old-fashioned can run the game on lower settings. We will try to remove the game is reinstalled four times, completely eliminated any trace of the stream or anything related to it and reinstall it again on my machine. Hope this helps.

Is there a pop-up error? If not, you can try some of the following: Add "-novid" to the game launch options. This will avoid the burden of video. Run the exe. Direct as an administrator rather than launch through Steam. Check the game files. Do you use d3doverrider / RivaTuner? If so, turn off and try. Well, I'm not sure about this but I think this should work. Just try it and I really hope this helps you.

Are you using a Mac computer? If yes, then uninstall it and install fresh copy of windows and then try again. The reason I am telling this to you because many games are not supported by Mac OS as well as steam. Well I am not sure about this but you can take help from your friends or someone who has got such problems before because I don’t think so that there is a proper solution for this thing.

Well I would suggest you to check your system’s specs. Or if possible post your specs here based on which I can help you. Well check your graphics card as well as video card. Are they properly placed in your system? Just check this out. Also see to it that you have sufficient memory of RAM installed in your system because this game requires minimum 1 GB of RAM with Intel at least Dual core processor. I hope this helps to solve your problem.

Well is this the first time you are having this problem or it occurs every often? If every time the problem occurs then it might be the problem in the game. It might also be the problem due to improper installation of steam or a bug problem. Just check it out. Also install the game again and if the problem occurs then bring another copy of game from your friend, install it and check it out. Might be some files have been lost from the game. I hope this helps.