Thread: Unable to start Two Worlds 2 game on Macbook pro on steam

Unable to start Two Worlds 2 game on Macbook pro on steam

Whenever I try to start two worlds 2 on my macbook pro, the only thing that happens is that it tries to launch, but instead of the game starting my Two worlds 2 playing time increases with one minute Why? Can someone please help me if they know something I don't know oh, and also, I have tried to reinstall it, but same thing. I think this game is not compatible with Mac but not sure. Is there any more reason for this? Please help.

re: Unable to start Two Worlds 2 game on Macbook pro on steam

I have same issue. I tried to install the game again, I verified the permissions of the application of steam from the terminal: sudo, my iMac 27 "is updated with the newest patches, but the trouble still persists. Since the game does not start I would try to just play with the boot camp. At least until you solve the problem. Well, you can take the help of the customer or otherwise, even after discussion in the official games site. Hope this helps.

It's not working for me either. I also sent a question about a refund if you offer a simple solution and one for a solution or at least the certainty that something is being done and ETA at a time of waiting for the answer. I always feel cheated when something goes wrong in the vapor, who spent $ 50 on this game with the hope of something good, now I cannot even see the title screen, because the game even opens. Steam has received reports since people started buying Mac, but none of what I have seen wide-eyed, or any of the forums has a solution. Only solutions that seem to work for some people.

Well I finally found a fix for this game. The app was basically not set to executable.
    • Open Terminal.app
    • cd /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/two worlds ii/Two Worlds II.app/Contents/MacOS
    • ls -l check to see if Two Worlds II.app is set to -rwxr-xr-x
    • If not and it's set to -rw-r--r-- then chmod 755. /Two\ Worlds\ II

Well you can test this and I hope it works for you. All the best!

Re: Unable to start Two Worlds 2 game on Macbook pro on steam

You can only add to steam as a non-steam game and there is an error in the steam for Mac, which eliminates all the games that are not steam on every restart. I do not think there is a solution for that. I do not know how you could solve this problem, but I had better check their forums. Also check that there could be problems with the graphics card. Well I hope this helps you and your problem gets solved.