Thread: getting Unsupported Video Card error while launching Portal I

getting Unsupported Video Card error while launching Portal I

Hi guys I have assembled computer in which I am using NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT graphic card. I normally use my computer for playi8ng games and watching movies. Now before some days I have installed Portal I game in my computer and I didn’t get any error message while installing the game. Now after installing the game when I tried to launch the game at that time game does not start and it gives Unsupported Video Card error. Please give me some solution regarding this.

Re: getting Unsupported Video Card error while launching Portal I

First of all I will suggest you to check whether your NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT graphic card is compatible for this game or not. If your graphic card is not compatible for this game then you will not able to run Portal I game in your computer. If possible try to start this game after connecting different graphic card in your computer and if you are able to play Portal I game with other graphic card then it means your NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT graphic card is not compatible.

First of all you should check whether you are able to play other games properly or not. If you are facing this same issue with any other game also then I think you should try to fix this issue by removing graphic card from your computer and after that connecting it again with your computer. First try to solve this problem by doing this trick and after that check whether you are getting the same issue with portal I game or not. I think after trying this solution will not get any issue.

Did you tried to run the game after reinstalling or updating the Direct X in your computer? If you have not tried this yet then I think you should first try to fix this issue by reinstalling Direct X in your computer. I was having the similar problem while playing games in my computer and after that I have tried to solve this issue by reinstalling Direct X in my computer. After reinstalling the graphic card in my computer I didn’t get any issue. If you get the same problem even after reinstalling the Direct X then download the latest version of Direct X in your computer and after that install it in your computer and then you will be able to play portal I game in your computer.

Thank you for giving me above information. After reading your above replies I have checked other games in my computer and I find that I am facing this problem with some other games also which was working properly earlier. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the Direct X in my computer and installing the updated version of Direct X in my computer but none of the trick solves this issue. Is there any other way to fix this?

It sounds like your graphic driver causing this issue and that is why you are facing problems. First of all remove the NVIDIA driver from your computer and after that delete all the temporary files from your computer. Now after doing this restarts the computer and then installs the graphic driver again. As far as I know this kind of issue can be solved by reinstalling the drivers. try this solution and then let me know what the result is.

As you have said in your post that I can fix this issue by reinstalling the NVIDIA driver in my system I can fix this issue and after reading that I have tried this solution in my system, nut it didn’t make any difference. Now after that I have visited official website of Nvidia and after that I have downloaded latest driver from internet. Now after downloading that I have installed that driver in my system and after doing that I am not getting any issues with my system.