Thread: Unable to launch Fallout: New Vegas

Unable to launch Fallout: New Vegas

I have installed Fallout: New Vegas on the computer of yours. I have tried to play the game on the computer of mine but it did not seems to launch. It is prompting with a message box which can be stated as ‘Preparing to launch Fallout New Vegas...’ Let me know if you are having any specific solution to get the requirement of mine. Any help to fix the matter of mine would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to launch Fallout: New Vegas

There could be several reason which might be the root cause of the problem. To figure out the root cause of the problem you have to answer the below mentioned questions. Which operating system do you have installed on the computer? Tell me about the hardware configuration of the computer. Is there any changes on computer of yours? do you have installed any antivirus program on the computer? Finally let me know whether you have installed all the necessary drivers for the smooth running of the computer.

Looking at the situation I am suggesting that you have to check the integrity of the game. Now question is how to perform the same. Its really simple and it consist of following steps.
    • You have to right click on the exe file of the game and then go for Properties and you have to go for Local Files.
    • Into Local Files menu you have to click on the Verify the Integrity of the game Cache.

After doing the same you have to restart the game.

Well looking at the problem which you have mentioned over here I am suggesting couple of solution which you can use to fix the matter of yours.
    1. You have to rename the ClientRegistry.Blob file and then you should restart the Steam.
    2. Also you should delete the .ncf files which are located into the Steam folder and see whether it is working or not.

In order to fix the matter of yours I recommend that you should simply install the latest version of graphic card drivers on the computer. You can get the same from the official website. Also you should install the current version of the DirectX. If there is no change in the situation then you might need to reinstall the game on the computer of yours. after doing the above mentioned stuffs let me know whether I can fix the matter of mine.

Let me know whether any of the above mentioned solutions are working for you or not. If there is no difference in the situation after using the above mentioned solutions then I think there is a bug issue with the game itself. To resolve the bug issue you have to contact the developer of the game and file a bug report to them . also you should provide the information which has been associated with the computer configuration of yours. the developer of the game would fix the bug issue and release the patch which you can apply to fix the matter of yours.