Thread: Can I activate PS3 version of Portal 2 when PSN is down?

Can I activate PS3 version of Portal 2 when PSN is down?

I have recently purchased Portal 2 for PS3 of mine. I wanted to know that can I activate the game which I have purchased without having an account on PSN? Let me know whether the thing which I am looking for is possible to have? Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Can I activate PS3 version of Portal 2 when PSN is down?

I am sorry to say you will not be able to do the thing which you have mentioned in this particular thread. Well you must have an account on PSN if you are wanted to activate the game on the PS3 of yours. if you are not having any account then you would not be able to activate the game on PS3. So you should create an account on PSN and then you should try to activate the game on the PSN.

Okay thanks a lot for the prompt reply of yours. I got the point which you have mentioned over here. what would happen if I am having the Steam account? The purpose of purchasing the PS3 version of the game is to scam the system. So I am having two different solutions to use. Either I have to create an account on PSN or I have to return the game and get the PC version of the Portal 2. I let you know what I have done to resolve the matter.

I let you know that you will be able to link your PSN account with the Steam account so that you will be able to play the both the version of the game that is PS3 as well as PC version of the game. It would also let you to play the Co-Op version of the game with the Steam players as well as you will be able to play the game on the PSN. So according to me you need to have an account on the PS3 to get all the above mentioned benefits.

Well I cannot return the game because I have opened it. there was nothing written on the PS3 that you can play the game on PS3 or PC. There was written that ‘Includes FREE ACCESS to play on your PC/Mac via Steam’ so I have to create a new account on PSN and then I am going to activate the game and I would play on the PS3. Anyway I wanted appreciate your efforts which you have put in to help me out.