Thread: Why Steam is forcing to download the game updates?

Why Steam is forcing to download the game updates?

I am unable to figure out why Steam is forcing all the players to update the games. I have already use the do not update feature of but it did not working at all. Can you tell me whether there is any universal feature which would help me to disable the Update forever feature? Let me know if you are having any speculation on this particular matter. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Why Steam is forcing to download the game updates?

Well I agree with the thing which you have mentioned over here. There are many games which I am having did not require to update at all. However the Valve did not allow me to do the same. Steam has cost double from past couple of month by the ISP of mine. I am waiting for the response from the Steam side so that we can have the thing which we are looking for.

Looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here I am suggesting that you have to use the Offline mode on the computer of yours to update the thing. If you are updating the game on the computer then it would help you to play the multiplayer mode of the game. The update in the game would let you to fix the bug in the game as well as fix the problem which you are getting. Also you can add the new content in the game after installing the update on the game.

I don’t recommend that thing which you have mentioned over here. You should not set the Steam at the offline mode all the times in the game. When you do the same you will get the large amount of updates as you go into the online mode of the game. Another solution is useful when you are not supposed to play the game into the online mode then you have to simply uninstall the Steam from the computer of yours.

Well I would like to have an universal Do not Option in the game. So that all the users who are not wanted to download the updates on their games. However I have noticed that there are very less number of people who are not wanted to update the games at all. Well I am suggesting that you need to add the standalone version of the games and then you have to add the shortcut to the Steam. I am hoping the suggestion which I have given would be useful t you.

I am suggesting a particular solution which you can use to fix the matter of yours.
    • Well you have to locate the exe file of this particular game and you have to right click on the same.
    • From the right click context menu you have to click on the Properties and go for Updates where you have to click on the Do Not Update this game.

So try the same and let me know whether its whether it’s working or not.