Thread: Unable to use Automatic Updates from Game Updates in Steam

Unable to use Automatic Updates from Game Updates in Steam

I am having an issue with the automatic game updates from the game updates menu in Steam. I have found this issue since I have downloaded the updates for the Steam client. That is, when I log into the steam and if there any updates available for the game then I click on the game updates that is available to download. So we have to update it manually and the Steam will not automatically update your game. So when I click on the download updates, it always shows me that ‘Downloading 0%’, it happens till the user starts the game after which the steam will start to download the game and apply the updates.

Re: Unable to use Automatic Updates from Game Updates in Steam

As far as I am concerned with the Steam, I get all the games updates automatically for my games through the Steam. But I have heard from many of the people that they have been facing the same issues that you have mentioned above. So actually I need stop the update that is going on and need to restart it for the updates to get it downloaded. So I think the actual problem is only with the downloading updates and not with any other thing.

I get the same problem while downloading the game updates. The thing is that I have to rather use the pause and start method to start the download or need to start the game in order to resume my downloads. This is very much annoying thing that I am facing. Instead I think we should turn off the automatic updates and only run with the version that is there with the game.

I have seen that games will only get automatic updates that are based on the source and not the 3rd party games. Steam is an independent of operating system. But I have found the issue with my Winnows Vista, Windows 2000 and also in Windows XP. So I think that it may be a bug or something else that is present in the Steam. So I hope that Steam people solve this bug as soon as possible.

Some of your games won’t update automatically is due to the reason that you might not have played the game from long time. What I saw is that the games only get the automatic updates only when they are running. Since, when launching the game the Steam checks the last version of the game that you have played and accordingly searched for the updates. So if you have not played the game from long time then it won’t update automatically.

I got the same problem solved for me. The reason that it does not automatically downloads is due to the update of the Client steam. Also for the first my game did not get connected to the Steam by directly running the game from the .exe of the game. So I went to the firewall settings and configured my firewall and changed the settings by allowing them to get automatically updated. You can also remove it from the firewall and then add it again and then restart the Steam.

I was facing the same downloading problem with the Steam for automatic updates. Every time I need to start the game or need to pause and then resume the downloading. So I went to check the services that were running in my system. From there I found that my steam service is running from many days. So I stopped the service on the permanent basis and then restarted the Steam. After that I have never faced any of the problems.