Thread: Not getting good FPS in Team Fortress 2

Not getting good FPS in Team Fortress 2

I play on a MacBook Pro 10.6.7 with 4 GB memory 2.4 GHz Intel Core Duo and NVIDIA GeForce 9400M. I'm always at 20 fps all the way up to 8 fps, my sound cuts out about 11 fps. Now I see issue with people saying that their game will not play at 20 fps. I forever unspecified was standard 20fps for Macs, why be able to the average player mac tf2 pull 60 to 100 fps and I cannot erase 40 years? If you necessitate any additional information, please ask, I actually would like to be familiar with why it works as a result terribly tf2 on top of my comp.

Re: Not getting good FPS in Team Fortress 2

I checked the integrity of the cache before fighting game "cannot crc." I looked at what is taking memory, Firefox, stickies, SystemUIServer, search, and mdserver are the ones who occupy the two-digit memory. For some reason, however, I have a lot of idle memory and little free memory; I think this has something to do with it? I comprise not turned vsync though (d'oh) you probably do not care if I'm not getting over 60 frames.

What matters, for the reason that the perpendicular sync under OS X is simply twice buffer (commencing the 10.6 at least, this possibly will modify within the future). As a result, essentially, that is make active if you obtain somewhere commencing 59 toward 31 fps drop to 30, if you are playing through a speed of 29 to 16 which will be organize toward 15 be able to make the game happens toward be additional play be unplayable.

IMac fan speeds operate totally different commencing the MacBook fan speed. My iMac will not arrive at the maximum fan speed except forced on the way to (for no other reason than to see how strong I could get). My MacBook Pro always has the fans running at maximum intensity when doing something like playing TF2. If that fails, then the team is likely to run out of available memory and swap out what will make the frame rate of the tank.

Well, this is absolutely outrageous, there's nothing wrong with the temperature or memory (I have about 1gig free at all times). I'm just going to assume it is a quirk of my machine and quit unless someone has other solutions. I cannot decide whether to be pleased or disappointed that other people have this problem. This could mean, however, that it is either a problem with the computer line or if there is a problem with the game itself.