Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2011

High Ping while playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 on server

Whenever i attempt to play multiplayer within a server where is similar to 17-32 players it's actually lagging. My game ping is forever somewhat like 140-500. However if there is beneath 15 players my ping is at rest similar to 150, except it's not lagging. Furthermore Bad Company 2 Vietnam isn't lagging so much as usual BC 2 online. In usual multiplayer I am able to play okay through 12 players. I have tried other servers also but the results are the same. How could be possible?
Old 02-07-2011

Re: High Ping while playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 on server

Reason may be that the server to be replaced or R9 of the Main BC2 around again, I have no idea, so I'd say your engine is on case. Maybe ask if you are the Internet service provider whether they have tinkered with to something. Basically I can say that the game the ping in game-show never really correct. With me on the list is usually displayed a ping of 200-350, while BC2 applet in my G19 pings are between 50 and 140th At 500 (0.5 sec), the game can run smoothly under any circumstances or you would clearly feel that the delay between prints and shot in-game way too long.
Old 02-07-2011

Well be ping should be the same in all games. By the way, in a series of COD ping me higher than in the series BF. I do not know why. And that's what's wrong with your ping, one provider is known. Try to ping the server to find out where the BC2 and you are plugging a ping.
Old 02-07-2011

The high ping in Bad Company 2 is generally normal, and is sometimes also simply displayed only to high. You wrote you have the game for some time and now it must be tested to determine the lags. Does it mean that it previously ran without problems? Would guess that is even more on it, that it is the processor or the graphics card. Otherwise, do a ping test times and post times earnings.
Old 02-07-2011

I guess when you are well aware that your computer for BC2 in multiplayer is too weak. 2 cores with 2 Ghz which are absolutely lowest in relation to BC2, because pretty much everything (console development is due) is calculated by the CPU. For the management of network traffic and the game is not much left and it can be described by the dropouts come to you. The prerequisite is, however, you have the problem on all servers! Otherwise, the over 150ms (per tab) is not the normal ping. This is the total processing time (latency) of data packets. I guess the ping in the server browser will be decidedly less?
Old 04-07-2011

The bandwidth of the connection does not say anything about the ping. The more "closer" to the server with you is the better the ping. Seeing as you encompass excellent performance with one more server I can simply presume you're doing stuff properly. Ensure you didn't place the incorrect IP address inside there anywhere. Don't overlook to verify your firewall settings in addition. The game latency is being explained rather than ping. This is how far-off at the back of the client is in contrast through the server. The server wishes to be a petite bit in front of the clients therefore they can make use of simulated statistics until the next ghost update is established from server.

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , , , , , , ,