Thread: Windows shows OpenGL error while playing Angry Birds

Windows shows OpenGL error while playing Angry Birds

I have downloaded Intel AppUP in my computer and then from there dig up the Angry Birds game for free. While I click to start the game within AppUp I obtain the following error:
    • OpenGL 2.0 renderer not supported! Reason
    • OpenGL 2.0 is not supported
    • OpenGL 1.4 renderer not supported! Reason
    • OpenGL 1.3 is not supported

I have re-installed the game after doing clean un-installation but I am still getting the same error. My video card drivers are up-to-date as well as the Windows update. I don’t know what is causing this error.

Re: Windows shows OpenGL error while playing Angry Birds

Angry Birds is available for PC, but some users have not fared as expected, as some have experienced errors in Angry Birds for PC. The first thing we do is copy the file "msvcr100.dll" to "C: \ Windows \ System32" folder and paste it into the game, then update directx and ready. Ensure that you encompass the most up-to-date display adapter drivers installed either from side to side Windows Update otherwise hardware configuration. Keep in mind that Angry Birds needs OpenGL, which is not supported on top of GMA 500 graphics adapters.

This problem is because we are trying to run the game on a computer whose characteristics do not meet the minimum required as it will have your motherboard only has OpenGL compatible graphics. Minimum requirements include:
    • 1Ghz processor
    • 512MB RAM
    • 128MB Video
    • 100MB free hard disk space

Clearly indicates that we need a 128MB video card as a minimum, that is, if your PC does not have one, might be suitable Angry Birds saying goodbye to ... So the most adequate solution to this error is to buy a graphics card.

There's at present a new driver on Intel's web site that shows assure it’s named the IMGD driver intended for Intel Media Graphics Display adapters. That driver in fact permits Angry Birds to run improved on top of a GMA 500 adapter, other than it messes up the display for the whole thing besides. Intel desires to getaway the warchest to act anything is necessary to obtain OpenGL 2.0 support put in to the GMA 500 driver set, except with issues currently being reported by a few users through ATI as well as Nvidia graphics adapters, Rovio desires to set energy into fixing a number of bugs within the their app.

Currently that Intel as well as NVIDIA has finished pleasant, perhaps they can obtain various assist in improving the ability of the drivers designed for the incorporated GPUs, which have been quite underwhelming. Open GL hold up is shall. Ideally, a latest driver would allow the HD 500 to function next to the identical clocks like the HD 600, seeing as they split the equal core. If the GPU may perhaps run quicker through the latest drivers, I would bet that SetFSB might considerably augment the clock speeds on top of the Z540 atom

If you encompass an OpenGL program build an OpenGL scene with extremely extensive lines to a bitmap on top of your Windows XP-based PC, an access error is shown. To solve this trouble, get the most up-to-date service pack designed for Windows XP. If this didn’t help you then you must find a hotfix for this issue.

The openGL error always comes when there is incompatibility between the game and graphics related things like graphics drivers or adapter or may the DirectX version or something same. Whether it is integrated GPU drivers or the video card drivers. if they are not compatible with the Angry Bird then it surely shows OpenGL error message. Furthermore many people have already posted in several forums about the resolution issue in the game. The user should need to change the screen or display resolution manually before launching the game otherwise the game cannot be run in any manner. We have been hearing several issues about angry Birds game in Windows 7 but there is bug fix yet. However the game is properly playable on Windows XP without any problem.

Follow the below steps to solve this issue:
    1. First of all you have to go to Windows Update
    2. After that just click the check for update button
    3. Next you have to check optional updates for an Open GL update
    4. See if it is available, check to update
    5. And then click install
    6. If there are no updates listed as optional, go to Open GL site and update drivers from there
    7. After that just download graphics drivers for Windows 7 - You should be able to use the Windows 7 drivers from ATI, NVIDIA, etc.

It is recommended to run a driver update for this. What gpu do you own. The error is related to direct x. Anyhow when you run Windows update all is taken automatically. And there error should appear. Try to reconfigure the version of direct x you have. Update it along with your existing drivers. There is a Direct X Diagnostic Tool that can be used to find any issue to find the current updates to run the game.