Thread: How complex is Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition

How complex is Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition

Let me preface this with the fact that I have not played Street Fighter since Street Fighter 2 on SNES. Most single player with the occasional rage filled matches my younger brother. I am a total new player of this game. Now the last fighting game I played Soul Calibur 2 was consistently in the Game Cube. I had a couple of friends who also played a lot, so I was able to really get into it. My experience with Alma Calibur2 compared to what I remember from Street Fighter 2, Soul Calibur seems deeper with a more complex combination / defense / shutdown. How far am I? It has become deeper and play more complex from the old days, or I was too much and newb to understand the nuances of the show?

Re: How complex is Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition

SF2 may have been simple in comparison, but it was no less profound. Perhaps it was deeper, even. I certainly think it's harder to be good at SF2 to SF4. Chess is very simple. There are only a few pieces that almost all movement and the goal is simple. But in the movies, scientists look at the chess board for hours. I personally hate chess though. The game has grown a lot since then, all series, actually. Alfa, 3 and 4 are all very different games. You may also be selling short SFII, but assessing its depth.

SF is probably easier than something like Soul Calibur due to the angle of 2D and 3D, but that does not mean that it is too simplistic. It's actually a very difficult game to learn at a high level, as I'm sure Soul Calibur is. And each series (I, II, III, IV, and Alpha) offers a very different, each with different gameplay elements and a different fighting system. As you can see each set comes complete with its own elements and gives very different experiences, so it's not as simple as "SF growth." You must give an opportunity SF as an adult. If you try to learn at a very high level, you will be surprised at its difficulty.

I was not really concerned about the difference between 2D and 3D. The 3D element is Soul Calibur was basically a defense mechanism through dodge / avoids attacks. It is not really very different from a 2D fighter in that regard. It just seemed to be more "special" Soul Calibur; the more it seemed that there were many ways of linking everything with combos and promotions. All I remember from Street Fighter was a few blows fireballs dragon and a few punches and kicks.

It's a good boxer who is in his own right, thanks to the fact of its gameplay and challenges are based on geometry. There can be many variables as some pseudo 3D fighters, but has variables that cannot be simulated in 3D. The sooner you realize this better. If something is more correct guesses to win in SF2 SF4. It is also much more balanced. Personally the basics are the same. It is only the penalty for guessing wrong is much lower.

There is a difference between 2D and 3D fighters though - 2D fighters have battled it out at a distance. 3D fighters collapse once both fighters are not in each other’s faces. All options at this point in a battle in 3D are to get back in the face opponents (unless you are actively running / turtling). With a 2D fighter, even if you're on the edge of the screen, they will most likely secure because your opponent can pull something you threaten. Which brings us to another important point of 2D fighters? Everyone on the area of control.

Every movement / normal / special space through the controls of the threat the same way a chess piece controls the spaces where you can eat an opponent's piece. Fireballs more emphasis on this, it means that you now have two separate objects in the space of the control screen and threat to his opponent. This is where SF (and other 2D fighting games) gets it deep. It is not just linking combos. Strategy is in general (mind games, footsies, pokes, yomi) and how you will control space.