Thread: Street Fighter X Tekken Netcode

Street Fighter X Tekken Netcode

Based on earlier knowledge or experience Capcom's Netcode for their fighters is drivable at best. So here's hoping that for this game, they get their work together and to get a few great Netcode in this game - mainly as they want to trump Tekken X SF (which for all we know, could utilize GGPO as Namco has a functioning implementation of it on a 3D game).

Re: Street Fighter X Tekken Netcode

GGPO is a great precedence and Capcom should release an online beta. Posting my support, and influence Capcom to please not disregard GGPO Again. Namco made it toil in 3D. A skull girl (which utilizes textured polygons for its "sprites") is doing it too. Anything practical or ethnocentric reasons are keeping GGPO out of Capcom games necessitates to be resolved, in its place of crafting excuses of dubious merit.

Lag isn't somewhat which you can dispose of. What you can dispose of is variable input holdup. By eliminating this (by means of fixed input wait Netcode), you just have to regulate your timing one time. One time you are utilized to the delay, you should be able to simply recompense for it as it remains constant (any time the connection gets slower, the game will roll back to the final fair state where the games were faultlessly synced).

What Capcom necessitates to understand is that not everybody lives in a thickly-populated country where everybody's connection is running on fiber. Having many online characteristics like replay channels is immense, but they necessitate to first and foremost fix the Netcode so that it's actually manageable to play online. GGPO-like Netcode would be immense. I am certain everybody would agree with me if I said that fighting game players would much somewhat favor a bit of frame skips if it meant zero input lag.

I am publicity for this game, but if the Netcode is the similar as SSFIV or MVC3, after that I will pass. Someone necessitates to get on Ono's case or his boss' case, and make certain that this game has Netcode which is great not just for Japan, but for North America as well. I will be expecting the similar SFIV and MvC3 Netcode team to unluckily up till now again do the Netcode. I will be astonished if they utilize GGPO.

To be honest I have not truly been a fan of roll-back for net code in games. I played games in games with it where it says I have won and after that rolled back to say I have missing. Talk about maddening. All I wish is that the SFxT team does is attempt their best with the Netcode and comprehend that in the US we have inferior internet then Japan does and that the US is massive so the Netcode have to be able to deal with that.