Thread: Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition: JIT Blocking mechanic idea

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition: JIT Blocking mechanic idea

Focus attacks hearten turtling way surplus. They are an exciting addition, but on the whole I think we can do much better. They are surely better than the parry scheme from SF3 which, at the pro level, expectant big amounts of turtling, when at the beginner and intermediate level didn't humiliate because the consequences of spoiling a parry are severe. So here my idea is called JIT blocking - or "Just in Time."

Re: Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition: JIT Blocking mechanic idea

The basic principle is this: the longer you linger to shrink away on the stick earlier than you block, the more chip harm you take and the heavier the guard stun imposed on you. While you are protector stunned your enemy can link their moves on you, no additional link windows so ludicrously small that you have to practice for hours at a time to have a possibility to do them semi-consistently.

Parry in sf3 heartens protection. I have been watching the incorrect top players all this time. Don't see how focus encourages protection either. At the top level I notice it utilized abusively way more than defensively (apart from characters designed exclusively for defense i.e. dhalsim). Don't actually like the thought of variable block stun. I like to know what chastises what and not have to make a guess if it will toil this time or not.

This, it would totally damage them. As well, what he's talking about isn't the just protection system. He's talking about a system where if you grasp block all the time then you take additional chip and have more block shock from attacks, so you would have to time your blocks in sort to even have a standard block. I don't think it would work, for me. For one thing it would guide to too many endless block stun setups if a person held block too long earlier than an attack was blocked.

Maybe in its place of what you are talking about they should have a type of guard meter, apart from this meter fills up while you are holding back. If it fills up then you can't chunk any longer. It reduces while you let go of block, and it takes an instant earlier than it fills up so you can do great timing blocks to shun increasing it at all if you are in risk of it filling up. Charge characters could just have a bigger bar, or have it fill up slower, so they can at a standstill do charge moves as extensive as they are conscious of how far the bar has filled.

Not shelling anybody down because a thought can occasionally thrive new ones, but this all sounds like a way to stop people from shielding; something a sf4 necessitates in order to endure a few of the more strong rushdown characters. Truthfully I think focus attack shouldn't do bang downs, but wall bounces. This lets the reward to just go to thoughts that can combo a wall bounce in its place of just sitting back, getting the knock down after that boom.