Thread: Are Grapplers Broken in Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition

Are Grapplers Broken in Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition

Something I have observed in the few matches I have had as AE's lastly installed. A few of the grapplers look broken, or as a minimum their command grabs do. Case in point: A hakkan player I played handled to do an oil slide that I blocked and after that right away into an oil rocket. Immediately. And another point, this one was in arcade mode no fewer, while an Abel CPU was able to cyclone throw after a blocked kick.

Re: Are Grapplers Broken in Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition

Oil slide to rocket or coaster is not bankrupt its one of the few tools hakan has he's had it as great it’s just probable from the furthest distance the slide will hit its why you should obtain in the custom of not waiting to block and then fling the slider but neu. Bound the slide with any luck avoiding the throw and then punish don’t rant because the characters broke especially while that character is hakan.

If you are in chunk stun, they can command clutch you because you are in series and can't tech a command throw. If they strike you with the axe kick you will be in hit shock and after that they cannot grip you or command throw. AS for hakan, it’s the similar thing mainly and one time the animation is completed the throw is buffered to make it look like it's not possible to flee but chunk the slide and jab or LK. It's truly irritating but you can all the time attack after a slide while it's blocked.

Actually, I attempted that quite a lot of times in my match with those grapplers, with Yang no less, which has one of the greatest LKs of all, and I at a standstill got thrown. That's type of what I am talking about. There has been no recuperation animation or apparently any window of opportunity to assault later than the block.

What you got strike with was a command grab timed to hit you just as you came out of block stun. Hakan's oil slide is secure at max-range, and may even place him at a frame benefit. If he does an oil rocket timed in this fasion, your just alternative is to hold up, utilize a Throw-immune Reversal or dash backwards (dashing backwards is character precise). This grapple setup may purposely be new to Hakan in this case, but it's far from a technique/property special to AE grapplers.

You're going to have to discover how to play a complicated game of keep away if you are hostility a grappler. Just don't smell anything leggy right in front of them and you will be well. Oh, and make certain that you add a few dash-grabs in there too. Attempt to keep them guessing so you won't have to anxious regarding mashed SPDs and tornado throws.

Here I also wish to add something in this case. If you had been holding Up at the time, you would have unbiased jumped as shortly as you improved from block (as you would have bounded on the first obtainable frame, making you resistant to throws/command throws), his Oil Rocket would have whiffed, and you would have had a chance for a giant punish combo. Know your character, know their character and know your alternatives.