Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

AE Replay Channel in Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition is a huge disappointment

Video Games

Old 01-07-2011

AE Replay Channel in Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition is a huge disappointment

First time when I saw the announcement trailer, it was looking good. Now with AE released it's such a huge disappointment. You can't share replays - you can open up a channel with multiple replays select that play in a loop. Thatís not truly sharing. Sharing would be sending the replay files directly to someone or let them download the replays. The old lag bug for European and Asian replay viewers is still in the game and makes it impossible to join these channels and watch/safe replays. It would have so much cooler if you also see replays when they lost. See and learn why they lost and it may help not to do these mistakes. Thatís one of the key points of replays also replays from other player.

Old 01-07-2011

re: AE Replay Channel in Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition is a huge disappointment

Well I am not able to watch any replays. Also I like the ability to watch elite replays. Already seen cool stuff I didn't know was possible. You also need to manually upload them. Thus the biggest disadvantage here is that it would consume a huge amount of bandwidth it would eat up for it to just be constantly uploading everyoneís plays to the internet? So letís hope for something good and expect a change.
Old 01-07-2011

re: AE Replay Channel in Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition is a huge disappointment

Sf4 vanilla auto saved championship matches if they received a decent enough reward score. Without manual uploads. And itís not like it converted the info to AVI Mp4 format to do so, it just saves movement / action data. Probably a thousand times smaller than a short video clip. And considering that YouTube somehow has the power to save a seemingly infinite number of full video. I wouldnít imagine fight data would be that hard for capcom to save.
Old 01-07-2011

None of us know specifically how the info is saved. But I bet the movement data is less than 5 Megs each. Perhaps even less than a Meg. You can save 1000 keyboard strokes for less than a Meg. Give or take a bit. At least thatís what it seems like from my C++ borland C++ programming days. Specifically saving keystrokes. Regardless, I figured follow mean "review history" not "review saved pieces".
Old 01-07-2011

Re: AE Replay Channel in Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition is a huge disappointment

Well I wouldnít have thought that the AE Replay Channel would be such a disappointment. Well every one of us had thought something good about this but it came something unexpected. Well I would prefer the game developers to change this thing because it is pulling the players away from the game and the people are attracting towards the other game. Finally it wouldnít be our loss it would be of the companyís. So letís expect any good changes.

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , , , ,