Thread: Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition price reduced when pre-purchased on steam

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition price reduced when pre-purchased on steam

The actual price of this game was 39, 99€. But now it has reduced to 29, 99 on Steam. First of all how on earth can you do this to your customers? This is a pre-purchase title. So what do I get for the 10€ extra I spent. I tossed it out of the window, for a game that isn`t even out yet on the PC. You have to be kidding me right. Either I receive something extra or I would like to have a refund of 10€ to my steam wallet. This is inexcusable to those that purchased a pre-purchase title for a higher price just because we purchased first. And repeat the game isn`t even out yet. Does anyone know about this?

Re: Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition price reduced when pre-purchased on steam

I just pre-ordered at like 4 am last night. It ran me 35 bucks. Yeah I’m on steam now and it still shows 35 bucks (10 percent discount via sf4) for me. And it finally official states July 5th on the title page. 1 week i.e. 6days. Maybe you accidently looked at vanilla price tag? It does seem weird that if the price drops before release they wouldn't charge you that price instead. Anyways I will check this out on forums. But is there any key required for steam games?

Re: Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition price reduced when pre-purchased on steam

There's no key with Steam games. It's like GWL. You have a Steam account. You buy games, and in order to play them, you have to have Translate Steam running in the background. Even if you buy it through steam it will still use gwl. You are given your gwl key on your first launch, additionally you can right click on it anytime and click view cd key. You can purchase digital copies; On Steam, On Direct2Drive, On GamersGate and On Capcom Store.

If you are too eager to play this game on Steam and GWL then you have to to buy two games? I purchased the PC game store SF4 a game, and it came with a key, I had to GWL but this time I just bought the game and the key together online somewhere I think, for reasons of convenience. There is absolutely no difference if you cancel your repurchase and redemption. In fact, the current is likely that the additional credit of 10 Euros if you talk to support.

The new price for Europe is 30€ = $43. The old one was 40€ = $57.5. Steam defaults to 1€ = $1 conversion rate if the publisher doesn't set a price. This reduction merely made the prices fairer to European customers. So I think the Europe would be quite happy since they are getting a good discount if they purchase this game now. But it’s a bad news for US people since they are getting this game at the same price and no discount.