Thread: Error: failed to download config file in Battlefield play4free

Error: failed to download config file in Battlefield play4free

I am new player for the Battlefield play4free. But whenever I try to play this game, I always get the error message saying that “Failed To Download config File”. I don’t know the exact problem but I have got the closed beta for the game. I am unable to figure out this problem, can anyone help me to find out the issue and solve this for me?

re: Error: failed to download config file in Battlefield play4free

It is the same message that I am also getting when trying to install it using the internet explorer. After a long research I got it solved that you need to go to the Internet Explorer and select the Internet Option and choose the Connections. In the connections you will find the LAN settings. You need to place a tick mark in front of the ‘Use a proxy server for your LAN’. In that you need to delete all the fields in ‘HTTP’ and ’Port’. After that select the OK button and then uncheck all the fields in the LAN settings and then press OK.

Are you running the game in the administrator? If NO, then try running it through the administrator. Because I have seen many people facing the issue about downloading the config file, and running it through the administrator it worked for them. You can go into the administrator and with the admin rights you can launch the installer. This was the method I followed with my system and it seems to be working for me.

I have got this game from past 2 months and made the play4free game to run. When I was getting the error message I made the firefox to stop giving me such message again. What I did was, I uninstalled the Norton Internet Security that I was having and then just rebooted my system. I found that this was the thing that was blocking me to download the file. So I think you can also try to stop any Anti-Virus programs if you have any and the try playing it again.

It seems that Battlefield play4free for some or the other reason uses the Internet Explorer to make the installation. This error might occur when the Internet Explorer is having some problem. You can go to the Internet Explorer and then select the tools option from it and then go in the Internet options. There you will find an advance tab option. In that you need to click on the reset. After changing your settings you game should now work properly.

Re: Error: failed to download config file in Battlefield play4free

First you need to change the firewall settings. Go to the firewall settings and then add the Battlefield play4free and the uninstaller and make allow the programs. If this does not work then turn off the firewall and also stop the anti-virus programs if running any. Also try to make your proxy network to auto-detect. This will automatically detect the network and you would not find any further problem in installing the game.