Thread: Unable to install battlefield play4free

Unable to install battlefield play4free

Hey guys I have been playing the Battlefield play4free game from last week and found that it was nice playing it. Last night when I uninstalled the game and then reinstalled it again then I found that while installation I get the error message saying that “Failed to write registry value: Installation Dir”. Has anyone faced the similar issue while installing the game? Please help me out to solve this issue.

Re: Unable to install battlefield play4free

When you have uninstalled the game you also need to remove the registry files by deleting them manually. Until you remove the registry keys, you will face the installation problems while installing it again. So you can go to the registry folder from the registry editor and then delete the game files from there.

For Windows 32bit:

Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield Play4Free
    For Windows 64bits:

Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield Play4Free
    From this, you have to delete the folder of Battlefield Play4Free. After removing the registry files and make a restart. Now you can install game once again.

This is the most common issue found when people try to uninstall and reinstall the game again. You can go to the control panel and from there you can find out whether it is still there or not. If you find then remove it completely from there. After removing it run the CCleaner, this will delete all your registry keys of the game that you have uninstalled. If you find this not working then you can go through the regedit from the run and select the location of the game folder and then remove it. After uninstalling and removing the registry files, you need to restart your system in order to make the changes.

Have you tried to install the game in some other system or laptop? If no then you can try it once to find out that is it an issue with the game CD or with the system. If you find that there is no problem in the game CD that you are having then probably you need to clean your system to remove any existing registry values. After doing so you can install the game and see. I don’t think that you will now find any problem in installing the game.

Try downloading the Windows Installer 4.5 and then install it. After installing the windows installer you can now restart the system and then try installing the game. Also see to it that you are having the original game CD which is there with you. As, installing the game from the copied DVD may sometime create the problem in installation. So better try to install it directly from the original game CD.

Thank you for all your suggestions. I have removed all the registry key values by using the CCleaner and then rebooted and then installed it again. After that I have turned off my windows firewall and also my Anti-Virus Internet Security. Now I have installed the game again with success. It was good to have all your suggestions, it really helped me out.