Thread: Unable to see whole screen while playing Alice on PC

Unable to see whole screen while playing Alice on PC

While I tried to play the Alice game on PC, the window became super small, and just the top 1/5th part of the screen is visible, making it unfeasible for me to play the game, or go into the settings and alter the resolution (because I thought possibly changing the resolution will help detach it). I really not understand why this is happening and how to solve this issue. Anyone else has this trouble or anyone have any solution for this?

Re: Unable to see whole screen while playing Alice on PC

I am running Windows 7 SP1; as well, I have a nice HD monitor which has no trouble with 1920 x 1080 (is my normal gaming resolution). All other specs far surpass the recommended level. I can be more precise if essential, though I hesitation they put down at the heart of the matter. In the event, AMA untied windowed, as with the over poster; I was just go to the video options and verified the 'Full Screen' tick-box. Unluckily, the picture then became so large that my screen cannot even exhibit it all. As well there seems to be no image displaying by any means (except there is something in the center, which I can't notice).

Choose your resolution before marking the 'full screen' box. You can discover the config file in- Documents\My Games\American McGee's Alice\config. Cfg. Here is a full depiction of the work around for widescreen in this game, it is kind of out dated as I was able to choose my resolution of 6000x1080 from the in game menu no troubles, but this at a standstill works too. It would be good to have support for altering FOV in cut scenes through a hotkey (like you can during usual play with - bind m "fov 100”), that is truly the just trouble I have with this game and Eyefinity - the cut scenes are zoomed in too stretched.

Yes and it would as well be great to be able to launch Alice 1 without having Alice 2 running, or again loading into Alice 2 while you shut Alice 1 down. It is a maddening misuse of time. Attempted running the Alice 1 application straight and it does not start, would be great if you could just have a desktop shortcut for either game. As well launching Alice 1 with a desktop shortcut lets the use of target line parameters that are useful and essential for a few configurations.

I am running a PC with plenty of ram, 3 Nvidia GeForce GTX 480 graphics cards in sli configuration. Alice: Madness returns runs good, it's just the first one I am having this trouble with. I can't alter to full-screen in-game because for a few reasons just the upper window is noticeable, the remaining of the window is black. Should I attempt making it full-screen in the config file? Or would that just make the window larger but at a standstill leave the entire thing blank apart from the upper portion.

So your trouble was not being able to see anything but the upper screen and the window was tiny, well it turns out to detach this you just necessitate to get it into full-screen mode, but the config file is somewhat dissimilar. This could be because I hadn't jumbled with the resolution of the game up till now, or that the Complete Collection has a config file which is actually dissimilar from the previous version. What you do to detach this is: just go to the config file and modify "seta r_fullscreen" from "0" to "1" and here your problem is solve.

Hey it’s great and I am just happy that you fixed it. But here I have one Question: just tell me, from where did you locate the config file which you changed? I have pursued the 'Documents\My Games\American McGee's Alice\config. Cfg' paths, but rather than locating an 'American McGee's Alice' folder I get 'Alice Madness Returns' instead. Inside this is an 'Alice Game' folder with a Config folder inside. In the Config folder there are 7 to 8 config files, but I think all of them narrate to Alice: Madness Returns. That's why I just need to know where you set up the AMA config file.