Thread: Does some game companies tries to induce religion in video games

Does some game companies tries to induce religion in video games

I am a student of game design, and I have to write a diploma notion. I might well choose any topic I wanted, and I decided to write regarding the role of religion within video games. Why does not essentially mean only the make use of of real religions, but also fiction, which may or may not have similarities to existing ones. There are some interesting articles I originate regarding this, however not enough to write an entire thesis. What I really necessitate at least one book about it? However, books about the game are quite rare, and so far I have not found any book related to this, so I would be grateful if you could help me in this case.

Re: Does some game companies tries to induce religion in video games

If you necessitate a number of sources of book I would recommend "a community of character" of Stanley Hauerwas. It is a Christian theologian / ethical is commonly called a theological narrative. The first few essays in this book essentially disagree that some narrative is essentially political and that all life is essentially political. After reading looking through the first part of the book must have something to relate to the narratives of the game, and religion.

Because for games, Silent Hill feed would be quite superior, through its pseudo-pagan Christian worship. Assassin's Creed has a number of religious elements toward them (while be so lame approach to manage the typical JRPG of religion seem quite complicated). Victim would be interesting to note that, as I consider there is a reason that Tommy is a Native - apart from having an awfully unique character. A superior contrast toward Black and White would be the Caesar III utilitarian utilize of religion - that the equilibrium of his goodness, simply the cities for the reason that it does somewhat for you.

In recent years, and other games mentioned, Dragon Age Origins is a religion very detailed and presents a series of ethical dilemmas (i.e., opportunities for role-playing game) early in the game. One thing you must understand is that the game industry has to be extremely secular in presentation, to be half younger and level to the attention of the news cycle every time something remotely controversy appears in a game. There are few games that tend to deal with religion or ethics as a rule, for the reason that the industry has barely begun to delve into more cinematic history.

Thank you very much for all the boys vote. As for Dante's Inferno, however, I don’t comprise a PS3, so this will be a little hard; possibly I'll search the wiki and ask some friends about it. However, as far as I can see now, and the creation, religion per se does not appear to be well covered. Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga looks somewhat appealing; I'll try to pay money for this. Darksiders appears to be going within the right direction too. I've played Dam and there is definitely somewhat there, not sure I recognize what you mean organized or spiritual, however I'll try to cover mutually.

Ultimately the world, at the moment unified within Lord British's article was renamed Britannia. Lord British experience the people moot later than his big fight against triad were over, and he was concerned regarding their spiritual well-known within this most up-to-date era of relative peace, so proclaimed the search for Avatar: He required somebody to step forward and turn out to be the shining example for others to go behind.

There are plenty of religious context of the AC sequence, the reincarnation of one of the most important themes. However next it had to go every conspiracy-nutty on top of our bad experience in the company of the end of AC2, subscribing toward such unsupported theories similar to ancient aliens and bad similar to that. It is completely needless. Portal and 2 as well has a number of archetypal themes and spiritual. The gateway itself is an apparent symbol of rebirth, for case in point, the Mass Effect series in addition. Sheppard is virtually Jesus (as his name would not say it as much as necessary).