Thread: Alice: Madness Returns freezes in Windows 7 running PC

Alice: Madness Returns freezes in Windows 7 running PC

Occasionally, I am experiencing random freezes for 2-3 seconds while I am playing Alice Madness Returns game. My screen freezes completely, but the game will proceed smoothly after this. Does anyone else have this problem or a solution for it? Any kind of help is appreciated. Anyways I am trying to play the game in my Windows 7 SP1 running computer system. Please anyone having any help or suggestion on this issue, then please feel free to speak.

Re: Alice: Madness Returns freezes in Windows 7 running PC

I think the only option that could solve the problem is to reinstall the game on your system. Could it be that you have not installed all the files on your system, or installed files were corrupt or damaged because of some reason. Anything is possible. Also make sure you are installing the game from the original game CD or configuration that was downloaded from the official website of the game i.e. American Mcgee’s official website. This will reduce the chances of downloading corrupted files in your system.

In my view, the problem is with the graphics card attached in the computer or the graphics card drivers installed in the system. It really seems to be problem with the graphics in your system. So I would propose that you use a good graphics card in your system and make sure you have installed the essential drivers for your graphics card. Also keep in mind to check any new updates available for your installed driver. If you find news updates, please install in your system for finest results.

You must view the authorized website of the American Mcgee Alice and view the minimum system requirements and recommended system requirements to play the Alice Madness Returns game. This clearly shows, whether you can play the game on their system or not. Just compare the specifications of your system with these specifications required to play the game. And if the specifications of your system are less than the required or recommended specifications, chances are you will not be able to play the game unless you update your system.

Not sure about this, but I read something like this could help solve the problem that you are facing. You need to change some configuration options in config.ini / or settings.ini/ options.ini files. You can find the following files in the folder where you saved the game. Navigate to the following path and open these files with notepad and make the necessary changes in the configuration options. You will have to change settings like screen resolution and frame rate of your monitor.

First of all you should make sure that you have installed the game properly. Also I started facing this problem only after killing the monster. So, in order to solve the similar issue with my system, what I did is disabled the physx, which you can find in the main menu of the game. This is because that black goo which continuously comes out from the monsters or parts which are coming from the flying bolt mosquitos cause a great impact and strain on your computer’s hardware.

Thank you everyone for your support. I followed each and every suggestion mentioned abouve and I don’t know which one exactly worked for me, but now I am able to play the game smoothly, without any issues. I uninstalled the game, removed and reinserted the Graphics card properly, after restarting system, installed the game making sure that nothing is missed and no error message is displayed and now it’s working fine, all thanks to you good people.