Thread: God and heroes Rome rising: Thoughts of a new player

God and heroes Rome rising: Thoughts of a new player

I just saw an ad yesterday for this game, saw the open beta had just ongoing and thought I would give it an attempt. New MMO's are generally worth a month or two as a minimum. Later than having been in game for about an hour, I consider like it was a total waste of a download. I am not generally one to come onto forums and protest regarding things, but, truthfully this game is fated. I can list quite a lot of troubles previously. The very dated graphics and UI, the character making is just terrible, the character animations are so gloomy it's funny, just three servers all at low pop during open beta at prime time, and the last straw for me was the second quest I got asking me to kill a named mob was microbe.

Re: God and heroes Rome rising: Thoughts of a new player

I play MMORPGs as 1999. And up till now this game is one of the few that astonished me as the last 5 years. Sure, characters models and textures aren't almost as great as those from Age of Conan or FFXIV for instance. But landscapes are astonishing. Just Age of Conan can be contrasted to this game for this visual aspect. And the game presents a few great ideas. Playing a main character and its little army is not that a normal option in MMORPGs. The Estate system is way more exciting than the accustomed housing system. And if characters animations are fairly awful, which up till now is true, they are a lot stranger than in other games.

Because like the OP said, it would keep me eventful for a couple months. I want 'something' as the summer evenings are boring, and SW: TOR isn't appearance until November now. Burned on WoW, RIFT was lackluster later than a few weeks. I just can't settle paying 50 bucks for a game I am quite certain won't last me over 2 months. I do like how the new user thing is laid out quests wise. It's got a few troubles but I played on ultra high graphics, stuff looked sensibly nice. Biggest trouble I had with sound/graphics is the complete lack of customization with them.

Me and a pair of friends came across this beta by mishap - And thought, yea why not, let’s give it an attempt. Now we had a completed a small bit of investigate sufficient to know what we were expecting. I won’t go bottomless into anything so far lacking further playing testing - But I can just tell you this, there’s a reason why approximately "ALL" companies and currently reverting to going to the "F2P" side of life. This game won’t even lift up at the day of release - nobody in their correct mind in 2011 will be stupid sufficient to spend $49 on a game that’s just buggy/dated and naive as this.

I understand this is not anything more than a “marketing" scheme for the quick creators of this game, test the water or possibility your fortune so to speak. But I can promise you - this game isn’t going to lift up let alone last "a long cycle" in this day and age, with the sum of rivalry coming around for early 2012 and late 2011 releases - this game does not stand a possibility. Even though the game has a very "age of Conan" feel too it, once more I have to state that there’s a reason why AoC is coming back as an f2p - and if you guys are any neat, you will apply the similar technique earlier than it’s too late.

There is no on screen sign of where to go next while you conclude a quest your just predictable to stroll around until you discover something like I was last night tedious. You can before just hit the M key for the map and it shows you not just where the monster is for the mission but where people are for the next phase of the quest. It’s been quite dumbed down. Maybe in its place of a giant arrow showing where to go, they could just place in a big red simple button. You click it and it ports you to the monsters, you tick it yet again later than killing them and it ports you back to your turn in point. Possibly another base that is "medium". It just ports you 1x throughout the quest.