Thread: Gods and Heroes is not a World of Warcraft Clone

Gods and Heroes is not a World of Warcraft Clone

World of Warcraft (WOW) is based in Fantasy, a kind of sequel of The Lord of Rings or Dungeons and Dragons. Gods and Heroes (G&H) is Mythology depends on Roman Mythology. They are not alike in that. In World of Warcraft you find mounts, even flying mounts. In G&H you do not find a mount in any way. In G&H you get a land. In World of Warcraft you do not even get a tent to call your possess. In G&H you can obtain over 4 minions at a time. In World of Warcraft you can obtain one minion at a time and just if you are a favorite class. What you thought about this?

Re: Gods and Heroes is not a World of Warcraft Clone

Here the fact is that G&H is a WOW like MMO that is based in Roman Mythology. That being held it presents the player a somewhat dissimilar storyline to role-play in other then WOW’s sequel of The Lord of Rings or Dungeons and Dragons. Thus G&H has to bring as a minimum what WOW does, and it does not. No sale house, no crafting, no mounts and no PVP in fact make G&H poorer. Yes, I hear the majority of these are coming; they should have been there while the game went live!

Yes all this is right but a few of that is supposed to be coming to GnH though. They have said they are functioning on PvP, I am quite certain they said auction house, crafting too I believe. Wouldn't be somewhat astonished if we don't finish up getting mounts one day (would like it but just if done right and they seem well). All MMO's are going to have things same no stuff what. Quests, leveling/skill up, teleport back to a attach point, and so on. Heck all WoW is any ways is an EQ replica with some other games added in.

Well just a view from me is that I wish it doesn't vie with WOW as that would mean it would be attempting to take WOW players, and to be honest, they can maintain them. Had my time in WOW and knew while it was time to progress. I kind of get a feeling by spending a few times on these forums that I am not only in this view. I am maybe one of many who play this game which have been wading through continual MMO titles as leaving WOW attempting to discover a game I can feel at ease and certain in. G&H has quite of uneven edges, and certain it's missing the polish, but after that any game which spends the amount of time WOW has been around should be refined.

In admiration of the WOW replica claim, I have to say I have not heard it from people who have in fact spent over 10 minutes looking at this game. If it is a replica of any MMO then it would be Age of Conan, not for its mythological settings but for the battle system - i.e.: the combo points and final moves. Personally though, I think the word 'clone' is too burly, as I think quite much each MMO in survival has borrowed characteristics from others, but the majority tends to pick up on them.

I am certain the developers would adore to think that their game could vie against the likes of WOW, but I am hoping that they have their heads turned on and are making a game initially for income and secondly to set up and keep hold of a stable player base. An MMO does not have to vend millions of copies or have millions of subscribers to be victorious, and I am quite certain the developers know this. But keeping some thousand subscribers content is necessary and I am quite sure that these kinds of numbers would keep the people up top content sufficient.

It isn't going to alter its setting or plot, it's too late, and its well as it is. All I want is a game which works can grip my subscription cough and keep me and a few friends amused for a few evenings every week. Obviously, I would alter my mind if we don't get crafting, harvesting and auction houses. They appeared too close to losing me late last night with the subscription trouble, but I can notice efforts are being made, even if they at a standstill haven't fixed it for me individually, I can at a standstill get in the game. I am sure this will be fixed.

In spite of how attractive it might be to a few players, it looks almost indefensible to change the whole basis of the game at this point. It has taken six years to get the game this distant (decided, not below incessant development), and the resources it would need to redraft it considerably couldn't probably be in any sane budget Heatwave has. A change this severe would as well be likely to avert as many present players as it attracts new ones.