Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Mount&Blade With Fire & Sword: Adding alternate command to pikes

Video Games

Old 23-06-2011

Mount&Blade With Fire & Sword: Adding alternate command to pikes

Just one swift hint regarding it: That scene in Brave heart where they spear the hell out of the horses. I think you people obtain it. What I recommend is adding the (X) exchange command to pikes and the footman will resolutely hold the spear forward with a 45-degree angle to impose a good deal of damage on running horses (on the proviso as well if it the horse is coming too quick at you). I have no thought how boring a task it would be to add such a move into the game but I think it would add up and add a few taste.

Old 23-06-2011

Re: Mount&Blade With Fire & Sword: Adding alternate command to pikes

I don't know if the engine supports set lances or if there is any way to make it sustain that. It's been brought up earlier and not at all gone anyplace. Charging spears with cavalry should be suicide for the horses. That's one of the bends that has been a trouble for M&B all along and why cavalry are normally better in each way somewhat than just situational. Similar rules should apply, obviously. If you get hit the set breaks, just like while you attempt to couch a cut and get smacked.
Old 23-06-2011

I have just updated it considerably from what is posted there, as can be seen in the Floris rules (The Mercenary's unique code was for the unique M&B and the new Warband operations prepared the huge majority of it needless, cleaning it up fairly a bit and improving performance). It isn't a precise replica of the understood lance mechanic (would be great if this were probable to copy module system-side, but alas) but it mostly does the ploy.
Old 23-06-2011

There are two major troubles with the code as is, or with the Warband-suitable updates: 1) the lack of a well liveliness of a pike being detained in a braced position (coupled with the smallness of pikes in Warband, but that isn't a trouble here) make it seems like there are hidden horse-slaughter death rays that make the horses fall quiet in the face of the pikemen, a bit than skewering themselves on a row of spikey death; and 2) cavalry AI doesn't know it should shun massed pikemen so liberally entrust mass suicide into their ranks.
Old 23-06-2011

As I scarcely had any mods setup for my print of Warband, I am type of illiterate regarding them all and of course, I had no thought that it was implemented earlier. At rest, Caba'drin's point stands. Even if the animation was compacted with, recoding AI for that reason might become a setback. Nonetheless, I would like to notice such an accumulation in the game. I in fact wrote this right later than a few Crimean massacre Gaunt.
Old 25-06-2011

I presented a few units pistols with 60 damage and 40 reload speed, 50 accuracy. 50 bullets. Afterward I made them melee proficient with 10 melee range (yes, 10) and 20 speed, and 1 damage. The bots favored to attempt to melee with them, particularly while they were on horses. That necessitates to be fixed! Bots should utilize weapons depends on their performance, and put their range depends on the top weapon/the one they have prepared.

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , , , , ,