Thread: The Sims 3 Generations: Tech support disconnected on my PC

The Sims 3 Generations: Tech support disconnected on my PC

Generations keeps attempting to uninstall it. While I place the disk into my PC, setup shield tells me "Uninstalling Sims 3 generations may cause your growth packs to no extensive function properly. Are you certain you want to uninstall Generations?" I install the 1.22.9 patch, but that didn't aid because my game modernized just well the first time. I attempted explaining this to tech support, but he sent me the 1.22.9 patch again and after that told me "you necessitate the base game" earlier than disconnecting, as if I didn't know I required the base game. Does anybody have any ideas on how to play?

Re: The Sims 3 Generations: Tech support disconnected on my PC

The game attempts to uninstall on my system, too. Luckily, in my case the PC first asks if I wish to allow the game to make changes, and I tell it no. But that doesn't crack the fundamental trouble. I don't comprehend why. I have the base game. The initial time it occurred I thought possibly it didn't setup correct so I chosen "yes". After that it said that if I sustained to uninstall it would spoil my other expansion(s) so I chose to stop. I can at a standstill play the game and the game runs well.

I consider it's a known trouble. If you stop that uninstall window and begin the game using the icon on your desktop or in your start menu, it should toil. Have you attempted that? If that doesn't work, go to your game folder, there is a file there named TS3EP04.exe, if you unlock that, it will open the game lacking the launcher (because a few people are having troubles with the launcher). As well, you can register your game using the Download Manager (it's currently called Origin), after that you can begin the game without utilizing the disc.

You truly necessitate getting on the ball and detaching this! I just installed my brand new "Generations”, and think what? The launcher wishes to uninstall generations! Obviously I know better but what regarding the other million people who just installed generations and don't approach here, and aren't genuine techy, and have no hint, and get the creepy looking message? Can't 'ya just use up the effort to fix it? Is it that tough?

Support is freaking ineffective while it comes to things like this. They have no hint what they are talking about and don't present a crap about whether or not your game is running correctly. They say the similar things over and over to everybody, and the majority of the things they tell you to do are totally immaterial to the trouble and don't work. Sorry for that little rant. I just can't place tech support. I am sorry; I don't know what could be going on. Have you attempted reinstalling Generations to perceive if that worked? What operating system are you guys utilizing?

Totally agreed! While I talked with them for support they gave me a totally out of date link after that just told me to reinstall the whole thing. Incredibly rubbish. Anyway- I as well have this uninstall thing going on. It's simple to work around but it's at a standstill a little maddening. I am not certain if this affects me also as I run TS3 through an FPS limiter (no Vsync = 100+ FPS, sufficient to fry a graphics card) but the launcher has not at all worked correct for me.

I have the similar trouble! I put in the disk and it attempts to get me to uninstall the game. It didn't do this the foremost time I played, but after that again, the first time I played was bug city. My Sims wouldn't interrelate, the "hand" tool had a few strange tendon troubles and wouldn't let go of objects, and windows kept dying. The complete uninstall thing is a pain, but as I haven't had any more major glitches as it happening, I think I will count my lucky stars that it at a standstill works (until EA comes out with a functioning patch, that is).

Have you attempted just saying no if it asks you to uninstall, or getting out of the occur window. You can depart into your program folder, discover the Sims 3 Generations folder; I consider you seem in the bin in the Game Data folder; discover the file that says TS3EP04.exe. Send that to your desktop (it makes a shortcut in the Desktop). After that while you go to play your game, click on the shortcut. By the way, mine just attempted to uninstall at any time I insert the CD into the disk drive. If I leave it in there and utilize the icon without utilizing the Launcher, it doesn't say that.