Thread: Delta Hydra on Windows Vista

Delta Hydra on Windows Vista

I don ‘t know if this thread has been previously existing on this forums as this is a very old game which was release in 1995 or somewhere around that time , so I thought that posting my question in original user may never help me out . SO I created a new thread instead .Actually I was searching for game that could be well played on windows vista. SO that I could enjoy the game that I used , I have the setup file of the game , I don ‘t think that would work out as there are for the first version of Dos . Any helps on how to play this game on vista.

Re: Delta Hydra on Windows Vista

This game is quite old, in terms of computer timeline this game like a century old when you consider this with the latest game that keep on releasing now and then. I think there is no way out from this as there are no software available for converting Dos game into and a Extension that runs on Vista. But on the other hand you can try out the various new releases of the game that you played before. There are plenty on internet just doing a quick search and you won’t be disappointed.

Can you just tell me what error does it give with you install it on your system , I don’t know if I could help you out , but still I can try to figure it out ,and I could not then there are many other who may be able to solve your problem . Also let me know the source from where you downloaded the game as such old games are no longer available on the internet .I hope you post that as soon as possible as that would help us to help you .

I installed the game and initially it gave me no problem I could see the VB342.dll file installed on my system and then the Anibtn32 .ocx is also seen on the start menu and the setup even allow me to click it and it open s up with an image there are more file that I need not tell about , I only error that it gives me is an cryptic error named “runtime error 6 overflow , I don ‘t know how to fix this as there are no tutorial online.

I don‘t have much knowledge about the conversion of game but , I guess you should checkout how-to emulate the windows 98 under Windows vista so that it could be run on the existing system that you had . And I have figured out what programming language that game was coded in and that was VB language , So I you are very much intersected in that game you could try going to a vb developer and he could just fix the problem in no time .

Try dos box , as it runs almost like a 59% for the programs that are coded for the dos platform as there are many calls that we need to operate by DOS, But I guess it won’t run on the Vista platform and for running that you need to have a Windows xp platform . as vista has no Dos operating sytem parameter at all .But you can even try that on Windows 7 platform as it still supports the Dos platform . This along with the Dos box supports nearly 40 % for the software and programs .

Actually the DOS box is the only one that worked for me there are many things that I need to work upon this as there are many programs that still don’t work on vista ,as I was hopping for a vista fix , but , I guess there is no cure for this ,After reading all your suggestion I came to know that to run this game on my laptop I need to have a windows xp or windows 7 as my operating system , all thanks to you guys.