Thread: Weird Dollhouse domain in Alice Madness Returns

Weird Dollhouse domain in Alice Madness Returns

I have been the American Mcgee’s Alice Madness Returns game from last one week now. Now I have reached the Chapter 5: The Dollhouse (Radcliffe) which I find to be very weird, before the end of the game where I have to pass through a tunnel between the legs of a plastic doll. I really find this part to be very bad and wrong? There are many such instances when I felt the same. I am unable to understand what made the developer make the tunnel between the legs of that doll. Didn’t they find any other body part? They seem to be total sick to me.

Re: Weird Dollhouse domain in Alice Madness Returns

When you realize what the doll house is, you are going to understand why the Dollhouse was made in that way and why things happened. I did not find it that much creepy as that is a horror game. The very first time when I saw the Dollhouse, I laughed like anything. That part of the level, hit the home for me in reality. It also confirmed my suspicions of Bumby. And also the game or that particular scene is not made by some creepy people.

This is not Disney’s Alice in Wonderland, but this is a Horror Game and if it made you feel uncomfortable, and if it bothered you, and if it created those OMG situation then I am sure the game has delivered what it was meant to. The horror in the game is psychological and the true mayhem devoted in the true world. The game is full of substance and descriptions that is destined to make you feel uncomfortable, meant to scare you. The game gets darker as you progress.

Yes, the most upsetting component about the Dollhouse domain is his background and in particular once you figure out what the real purpose of Houndsitch (which really represents the domain Dollhouse) is the time when you move forward in the game. If you ask me to mention anything about this phase of the game, then I would say that creepy or uncomfortable is a good word for it. But sincerely, it's a mistake to try to impersonate what it means.

I believe I found the ideal scene from a movie called "Running Scared" which is a hint of what the Dollhouse domain is all about and try watching this picture and look back at the Dollhouse domain which you'll witness what's truly troubling about it (the first appears to be a child as "heaven", but there is something hidden beneath the surface which will scare you like anything.) Just search for the movie on Internet and watch it out. I am sure you will enjoy it.

It is especially the underworld sections which I like the most, however it is very scary and creepy environment. I also liked the Underworld section because it looked very much similar to the Brothers Quay "Street of Crocodiles" (the developers have admitted of taking motivation from them, which is not surprising though) and I also thought that the environment also paid homage to Jan Svanksmajer’s Alice (although the only frustrating part is that a scale that took forever to fix).

I also liked the Dollhouse section of the game. It seemed to be more like an abstracted location. I wished the game included many more elements like this once, some more twists and wild stuffs in the game. This would have made the game more promising and horror and it would even had surprised the players. But anyways, whatever we got to see in the Alice: Madness Returns game is satisfying exect few parts, but it is ok as there is always a loop hole left in any product.