Thread: Where I can find the Fear 1 Custom maps for Fear 3?

Where I can find the Fear 1 Custom maps for Fear 3?

I love to play video gaming on the computer of mine. Well I have installed Fear 3 on the system of mine and I really loved the look and feel of the game. I wanted to know whether there is Fear 1 custom map. Also let me know how can I download and install the same on the computer of mine. Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Where I can find the Fear 1 Custom maps for Fear 3?

Looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here I wanted to ask you something which would give you light shed on the topic. Whether you have tried with the moddb? I know that there are not many users are there. According to me it would be the best place to continue gaming. Well I let you know that there could be the gamebanana. So you should try the thing which I have mentioned over here in this particular thread.

Well I agree with the thing which you have mentioned over here. Yes I have gone through the moddb over the and I have found that there are around 86 maps. You can download and install the maps on the computer of yours and you should try to play the same. Also you will be able to get some other stuffs which you can have to download on the system and see whether it is making any difference in the situation or not.

In order to have the custom maps in the game you have to get the something like custom map editor in the game. I think it would be the best solution to get the requirement if yours. if you wanted the custom map editor you have to contact the developer of the game and tell them that you are looking for the custom map editor. I am hoping that the developer of the game would release the custom map editor as early as possible.

In Fear 3 I would like to have the similar porting maps which are between on the Monothilo games. The Geometry in the game is not having any issue at all. Which materials would not be simply need to imported in the game and it should be reapplied. Once you have done the same you will be able you need to redone the entire thing. But still there is no announcement from the developer on this particular matter.

I have come to know that the developer of the game would release the SDK for this particular game. I am hoping that the SDK in the game would give you an option which will let you to import the maps in the game. Also you can reimport the same on the custom map editor. I am also looking for the coded stuff to transfer the thing over in the game. If the developer of the game are not supposed to release the thing then there would be no use for having SDK for this particular game.

@Wyvern

Can you provide your source to how you have come to know that a set of development / modding tools will be released for FEAR 3?

I've been searching on the internet for any evidence or announcement of such a fact to no avail (except this page).

I've even posted on the FEAR 3 forums asking for confirmation with no reply as of yet.

I've recently purchased 3 copies of the game on PC for me and a few friends to play because the co-op MP just looks so ridiculously challenging and fun to play.

I'm a big fan of co-op horror game survival and thus i am always looking for new games to play and mod for.

Some of the results i found whilst searching the net, yielded the the information that the original FEAR was moddable and new maps could be made but with FEAR 2 that wasn't possible.

I just hope custom maps can eventually be made for FEAR 3 as its unique MP co-op game play aspect has the potential to allow this game to live on for years instead of just hours / days of most modern day horror FPS games.
    Last edited by Darkflame; 23-06-2011 at 06:39 PM.

Hi Darkflame,

I have heard that a F.E.A.R.Combat SDK to create custom Maps for FEAR is freely available on the net. You only have to enter your birthday (18 and up due to its graphic nature) and a valid email so they can email you a CD key. The SDK, Software Developers Kit, for creating custom maps and mods, can be found at Fileshack website.

Quote Originally Posted by ninja-x View Post
    Hi Darkflame,

I have heard that a F.E.A.R.Combat SDK to create custom Maps for FEAR is freely available on the net. You only have to enter your birthday (18 and up due to its graphic nature) and a valid email so they can email you a CD key. The SDK, Software Developers Kit, for creating custom maps and mods, can be found at Fileshack website.
    So you're telling me maps made in the original FEAR SDK will work on FEAR 3 MP?

I can't see how that's possible to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
    So you're telling me maps made in the original FEAR SDK will work on FEAR 3 MP?

I can't see how that's possible to be honest.
    If this sequel of the game is using the same game engine then the map sdk might work with it. It actually depends on how much they had changed. But I am pretty sure you can at least export the geometry to 3dsmax and then import them to origin. As this game already have an SDK released for it, I guess it should work.

Quote Originally Posted by ninja-x View Post
    If this sequel of the game is using the same game engine then the map sdk might work with it. It actually depends on how much they had changed. But I am pretty sure you can at least export the geometry to 3dsmax and then import them to origin. As this game already have an SDK released for it, I guess it should work.
    Interesting.

Well if this is correct, i guess all we need now is for the actual game to support the ability to load custom maps utilizing the 4 different co-op game modes.

I should be getting my copy today, so that's one thing i'll be looking out for

Well there doesn't appear to currently be a mods menu or a way of loading custom content so unless they add this via Steam in patches modding support is uncertain.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
    Well there doesn't appear to currently be a mods menu or a way of loading custom content so unless they add this via Steam in patches modding support is uncertain.
    All I know is that once you complete a level as Point Man, in the single player mode, you can then replay that level as Paxton Fettel. But for custom map, I think it is not yet available.
    Map #1 - Subway
    Map #2 - Garage
    Map #3 - Catacombs
    Map #4 - Sanitarium
    Map #5 - Elevator
    Map #6 - Clinic
    Map #7 - Arena
    Map #8 - Sprint