Thread: The Elder Scrolls: Why would a giant dragon need metal to land on Nirn?

The Elder Scrolls: Why would a giant dragon need metal to land on Nirn?

I always assumed that he used the metal as souls in the games use skin and bones; actual material that lets the soul do stuff, although no making up the entirety of the person. However, he was able to beat the out of Dagon without it so I don't know. My guess is it didn’t have a physicals shape until its arrival on Nirn. Maybe it took that form to represent its function as an anchor to reality. Plus, I don’t think Akatosh dragon form was established until mortals started relating that image to the time god.

Re: The Elder Scrolls: Why would a giant dragon need metal to land on Nirn?

It's all been planned out by Beth for years. TES V is going to be Akatosh's Spaceship Adventure. There was actually a secret mini game version of it in Oblivion, which involved Occam's Razor and White Gold Tower, but a previous incarnation of mine was smitten by a powerful hammer for enlightening too many members with the truth, so we shan't go there. I don't think there is a scientific term for a mythical creature's reproductive organ, let alone a solid idea of what it would be like.

I have always thought of as more like a radio tower, transmitting the power that the Aedra gave up, allowing mortal myths to influence the god-planets, create magical effects associated with the constellations. And possibly providing the power for the imitation towers to work I don't know whether to think of them as also drawing power out or if they simply bolster and channel the power. But that's just my take on it.

Wouldn't Adamantium Tower be a part of the luminal barrier, thus it's purpose would be that primarily Keeping Mundus safe from Oblivion? I am pretty sketchy on this part of lore, I just read the Guardian theory at the Imperial Library, and I must say my head is swirling. According to the Nal-Hutta Intercept, the Towers are meant to steal creation from Oblivion while keeping Nirn safe from things like the Oblivion Crisis. If Martin changed the deal that Alessia made, are the Towers still important? If the statue was broken would the barrier break again.

You're thinking about things too scientifically. Science isn't the most popular thing in Tamriel. Well, there was that one race who loved it, but then they ended up turning themselves into a huge effective failure of a statue, or into ash, or something else unattractive. Well, it seems this conversation has died down a bit again, so if I may I would like to post a few questions. Apologies to Don't Forget This if I am overstepping my bounds in your thread.