Thread: What is hircines moon in the elder scrolls?

What is hircines moon in the elder scrolls?

Which is an extremely easy argument to make they're in the realm of a madness god, so they're lying and oh, everyone else says he's lying or I misunderstand what he's saying, so he's lyingnot really saying you do the last one, but people frequently used that argument, in my opinion. At least you aren't saying that Sheog had something to do with insanity. I hope that there will be solution on the problem that I am facing.

Re: What is hircines moon in the elder scrolls?

One of his eyes, maybe? If the planes of Oblivion are basically their princes, it stands to reason that they can see everywhere and everything on their plane at any given moment. So, let's just assume that the planes of Oblivion follow some basic real-world rules, and are, in fact, round. If that's the case, I propose that the sun and moon of these planes are their respective prince's eyes, and each eye watches over either the day or night half of the world. If not in a real sense, maybe just symbolically.

And they aren't round. At least the sun and moons on Nirn are. You just think it is because you're trying to grasp something you aren't meant to grasp. Given Hircine's alignment to hunting, primal actions, and lycanthropy, requiring a moon is quite necessary for his hounds to act in, among other things. So in other words, Hircine has a moon because he needs/wants it. I always thought that moons were Lesser Daedra's realms. Although this is pure speculation on my part.

The ES world lives and breathes symbols. The night is when the more fearsome monsters go out and hunt and so to take such a symbol and appropriate it for hunting and then to base your own monsters that hunt man off of the moon tends to align yourself towards moon iconography. Besides, it doesn't have to be a literal moon like Luna sitting above us. It can be one of his own creation that moves however he wants it and works however he wills it. In other words, the moon can be symbolic and not actually real.

There's a Necromancer's Moon, so perhaps there are circumstances under which a plane Aedric, Daedric or otherwise can bud off like a dividing cell or the way that people used to believe the moon was formed from the fast spinning Ur-Earth. It happened to the Lore-Kahn, it happened to the King of Worms, so why couldn't it have happened to Hircine. It's a fundamental and authoritative source. Also considering the existence of the Battlespire, Mananauts and Orrery with planets in impossible orbits, it's not something that would be misunderstood in Tamriel. They're not the flat earth society

It is, because it's cool that way, and Tamrielocentric is, oh I don't know, a fifteen letter word for redundancy. It's primary or secondary has nothing to do with authenticity, many primary records are bull, and many secondary sources are authoritative. With that, I'd say Cosmology is secondary. One Orrery was built by a race with actual observatories. The other was supposedly built by those who had been able to gather celestial matter. Neither of these groups' astronomical feats have been repeated since. The other thing is that mortals tend to believe the universe revolves around them and not just in TES which Haskill seems to disagree with.