Thread: sim panel not working

sim panel not working

I just installed late night update today after installing generations... my game was running properly apart some few glitches that were loosing time machines and selecting best friends. Before installing the late night updates, my entire sim panel is moved out! I am not able to switch the sim that I was using, and even I am not able to look at their needs, wants or anything else form that panel!!! HELP!!!! Can anyone please tell me how to uninstall an update or fix this?

Re: sim panel not working

Even I had similar kind of issue few days back, after installing Generations and the patch. Do you have any mods? As I had lots of mods, when I had first installed Generations, and the same thing had happened to me, but when I was trying to edit my town, I was not able to get back to my family and so I had to manually force to exit the game. After exiting I had simply removed all of my mods. And since then, I didn’t have any problems thereafter. So if you have any kind of mod, kindly confirm that it’s not the problem.

The same kind of thing had happened with me some days back, after installing Generations. I had only downloaded some hairstyles, the problem started only after I had downloaded those hairstyles, so deleted those hair styles and tried restarting it, but even that did not work so I had removed all recent several that I had installed and the game went back to normal. So even you can try doing this hope it works out with you.

I have found a solution for this particular problem, please this way I am sure this will help you.
    Go to "Edit town" mode. There you would be able to see your household, select it and copy them to the bin. Now set the new copy of your household on the map and make that new copy as your "active household". Now play them and the problem would be solved. You must have loose all your needs, wants and promises, but not the game effort.

Once I had this problem after installing Late Night updates and this is the way how I fixed it:
    Open the Cheat line and enter
    resetsim * there, after entering resetsim * press
    ctrl + F4. As this would shut down your game, but before shutting it down you will get a message box pops up conforming whether you want to save the game or not, select the “yes” option and restart the game. Now open your neighborhood. Hopefully all would be working fine again.