Thread: The Sims 3: Generations freezes at start up

The Sims 3: Generations freezes at start up

From the time when I installed the sims3 Generations, I have really seen very awful days as I have lose all its reputation of enjoyable game play, I have too many problems in the game, I was waiting for these games from too long, but now really just a regression nothing else, you people might have been thinking like why I am so annoyed, actually after installing the game, in the middle of actions it get freeze and with no other option I have to reboot the machine. and no doubt I have a very good machine from Alienware, which is specially meant for playing the game. Don’t know what is happening, can anyone help me out?

Re: The Sims 3: Generations freezes at start up

In fact I am wondering after seeing your problem, because as you have mentioned that you have a alienware PC but still you are having this problem, this is very surprising, see but still I would say you might have some problem in your PC like some hardware problem or regarding the software, thus I would say don’t just play the game this way as this will off course damage other files also, rather first of all check all the possibility that cause this problem, like you should update the video drivers.

Yeah I am agree with the above user as you should try to change the driver of your machine, and by the way it is very good practice to start with the software rather than searching the problem in the hardware. I know you might have the latest drivers, but it happens like whenever the driver became old some of the files get corrupted and because of that doesn’t run properly and cause this kind of several problems, thus would recommend you that you should uninstall the previous video drivers and install the new one and then play the game, I hope you’d not get the problem again.

When did you purchase your PC by the way, because I know alienware is good brand no doubt but still, as the days passes games are also becoming very good, they almost enhanced it and make them to reach to the top of the entertainment. Thus if you have older machine then it might have been possible that the graphic card that you have doesn’t have support for these games, so you should check with other graphic card, and if the problem doesn’t persist I would say you need to upgrade your graphic card.

No I have the latest machine, and there is no problem with other games, and I also know that the games are becoming very highly graphical and hence I have made my machine that way only, I mean to say that to play all those games, and I have the latest graphic card also, but still the same issue, I have changed the drivers also, but after that performance was little bit increased, but at the moment where I was stuck, again it was freeze. Now what can I do next? Any suggestion?

As you have mentioned that after installing the driver you have got some change in the game, and it seems that you have again installed the same driver that you have earlier, it yes then I would say uninstall that and rather than that download the latest one in your machine, and along with that if possible change all other software also, like you should update the direct X also, in order to play the game, without freezing.

Hey from where did you got this game? I am not sure but you might have some problem in the game itself, thus if suppose even after installing all the latest drivers and all the things, if you got the same problem, then I would you should try to install the whole game again, this may fix your problem, as I was also having the same glitch and after installing the game again I got it solved, thus recommend you the same.