Thread: Mount&Blade With Fire & Sword: Suggestion on Alternate pike move

Mount&Blade With Fire & Sword: Suggestion on Alternate pike move

I think you all get it. What I recommend is adding the (X) alternate control to pikes and the footman will resolutely hold the lance forward with a 45-degree angle to impose a nice deal of damage on running horses (on the rider also if it the horse is coming too quick at you). I have no thought how boring a task it would be to put in such a move into the game but I think it would make sense and add a few flavor. Anyone have any more suggestion on this?

Re: Mount&Blade With Fire & Sword: Suggestion on Alternate pike move

I don't know more about this but how much I know is that: if the engine supports set lances or if there is anyhow to make it support that. It's been brought up earlier and not at all gone anyplace. Charging spears with cavalry should be suicide for the livestock. That's one of the deformations which has been a trouble for M&B all along and why cavalry are commonly better in every way somewhat than just situational.

I think it would be cool but it isn't actually essential. Just today on a random warband server it was Rhodoks vs Swadians on random plains. The other Rhodoks and I approximately all had pikes and we massacred the (mostly cavalry) Swadians team with hardly any losses. Next round we did it another time and the round later than that not a single Swadians brought a horse. Similar rules should apply, obviously. If you get hit the set breaks, just like while you attempt to couch a lance and get smacked.

I have updated it considerably from what is posted there, as can be seen in the Floris code (The Mercenary's unique code was for the unique M&B and the new Warband operations made the vast bulk of it needless, cleaning it up quite a bit and civilizing performance). It isn't an exact imitation of the couched lance mechanic (would be pretty if this were probable to reproduction module system-side, but alas) but it mainly does the trick.

There are two major troubles with the code as is, or with the Warband-suitable updates: 1) the lack of a well animation of a pike being held in a braced place (coupled with the smallness of pikes in Warband, but that isn't a trouble here) make it seems like there are unseen horse-killing death rays that make the horses drop dead in the face of the pikemen, somewhat than skewering themselves on a row of spikey death; and 2) cavalry AI doesn't know it should shun massed pikemen so freely commit mass suicide into their ranks.

As I barely had any mods installed for my copy of Warband, I am type of illiterate about them all and of course, I had no thought that it was implemented before. At a standstill, Caba'drin's point stands. Even if the animation was dealt with, recoding AI thus might become a trouble. Nonetheless, I would like to see such an adding in the game. My suggestion is aimed at ornamental the pike massacre with a few epic impalement actions because horse archers are almost on the top of the list of units I like slaying the most.

I in fact wrote this right later than a few Crimean massacre Gaunt. It was Crimean vs Russian and not astonishingly, 90% of the Crimeans went horse archer. We just utilized pikes with a few gunmen supporting us and those sure arrow spammers factually bit the dust with a big gap between scores (something like 100 frags actually). This is to say, pikes function well sufficient. There is no trouble about that.

I gave a few units pistols with 80 damage and 50 reload speed, 80 accuracy, and 60 bullets. After that I made them melee proficient with 10 melee range (yes, 10) and 30 speed, and 2 damage. The bots favored to attempt to melee with them, mainly while they were on horses. That necessitates to be fixed! Bots should utilize weapons based on their performance, and put their range based on the best weapon on they have prepared.