Thread: Hand 2 hand Confirmed in The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Hand 2 hand Confirmed in The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Anyone here ever heard about this? I just get this news from some site and don’t know that it’s true or not. I am just come here to know that it’s true or not. I ask this to many friends but can’t find any solution for this. Here my main guess is Destruction. All I hope is it does more damage than it did in OB. Or it's a more viable option for the later levels. Magic touch spells will be changed into punches. Anyone have any idea or any suggestion on this?

Re: Hand 2 hand Confirmed in The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

I was just worried that Monks had been ret-conned out of Tamriel, which in my opinion would have been a big loss for the world’s lore. Having Mysticism stripped down was one thing; one could still see how the Psijics could exist as an order even though mysticism was not a cohesive school, because the effects were still there (hopefully) just dispersed amongst other schools. But to remove H2H combat all together would have required some significant re-writing of the monk orders, particularly the ancestor moth cult.

Here I just say that I like the sound of it. It's always nice to know you are able to be a peaceful monk if you want to, even though I doubt many actually choose that path. Too bad the interviewer thought it looked "clunky" though. Clunky, reminds me of how it was in Oblivion. I hope it has been improved more than that, or, at least that it will get improved more before 11/11/11. At a standstill, good news is good news.

1. Strong Fists - Your punches now deals X more damage.
    2. Disarming Grapple - You can now disarm your enemies with hand to hand.
    3. Pressure Point Accuracy - You can now paralyze your enemies with hand to hand.
    4. Sweeping Motions - You can now trip your enemies causing them to fall.
    5. Thick Skinned Fists - You now take X less damage while blocking with your fists.
    6. Quick Hands - If you block at the correct timing your character will slap your enemy’s attacks to the sides making you take no damage.

I would swipe out the adrenalin rush since you could throw this to any combat tree, and replace it with this: Heavy Handed - You can now charge your power attack up to a second level, which takes more time but deals more damage. Also, there needs to be some stealth kills that let you snap necks, crush throats, choke, and knock people out with a punch to critical parts on the neck. I can come up with a perk for each material for light and heavy armor, that's about 13 of 20 perks.

Material-based perks? He said not completely stupid. But really, the Armor skills aren't hard if they fold movement-based perks into them. H2H isn't hard either. It can't go into One-handed though, which is already the most cluttered perk tree that I know of. Swords, axes, blunt, dual-wield. Throw H2H in there and even with 20 perks in the tree (15.5ish is the average) you've got only 4 perks per weapon.

Here I just add something. Since the sneak skill itself might be governing over pretty much all kinds of the sleight of hand maneuver in addition to the usual walking silently and pick pocketing stuff, I figure that the pressure points hit, tripping the enemy over and the choking perk-related moves like others mentioned before will be the extend of it. I can't see where the "power-attack" kind of stuff for the h2h will goes to, though.