Thread: Empires & Allies: Allies Cool down Period

Empires & Allies: Allies Cool down Period

Just a question for everyone. Just how long does the cool down period for using allies in story battles get? Mine has jumped from 4 to 12 to 18 hours and I am curious how this trend continues. It looks like they don´t want we play the game. Anyone have any kind of idea on this? Please if anyone has any idea on this than please let me know. I really appreciated any type of help in this case. So please let me know if anyone finds anything about this.

Re: Empires & Allies: Allies Cool down Period

I have noticed this increase too. I don't have that many allies compared to some people, so this actually makes me invade and use my energy elsewhere whilst I wait for my allies to cool down. My progression rate in the campaign has been reduced dramatically, maybe that's the intention as people where getting too far too fast. I really wonder what kind of friend list they use to decide game balance. What is trivial for someone with 200 allies is nearly impossible for someone with 2.

This is a big problem with Zynga games, as well see this in MMO's as well. You will always have people who have the means (can be several of them) that are able to level up or complete something very fast. If it’s an exploit then fix it, if it is major and you are able to punish those that knew about it then do it. What Zynga does is punish everyone by making thing harder. Yes you will always have the power levelers that can complete a quest in, or max level in a few days, well so be it let them. Don't make goals that are hard for half the player base to complete it.

Here is a example in Cityville you will get to a point that unless you have a lot of neighbors you can’t complete a building. Some of these are used in quests (one is you need about 20 different people) well if you don't want to add strangers then you are stuck, sure they have a cash option but it’s so high its crazy. People will get to that point and just give up and quit playing. I sure hope this game does not get that way, so far I'm at level 34 and have progressed pretty far in the quests and haven’t ran into any big roadblock.

It's not cheating; it’s exploiting the dynamics that Zynga has set forth. They want you to add more people because it increases their potential revenue, so they make the quests require more people to progress at a steady rate. The problem is people like me who are dedicated gamers, but very security conscious. I have 3 friends who play the game. I know none of the others would be interested, so I don't bother adding them. I've seen the cool down timers go from annoying (4 hours) to (18 hours) in a few short levels.

Add to that the absurd increase in cost to staff the civic buildings, and not getting any Empire Points by leveling, and well, you can guess at my level of frustration. The one good thing I've found is that Steele will assist you with staffing if you are patient enough. While it is common, it is not actually allowed, and if a Facebook admin gets a bug up their butt it CAN get your account suspended. Thus it is cheating.

While it is common, it is not actually allowed, and if a Facebook admin gets a bug up their butt it CAN get your account suspended. Thus it is cheating. Looking a bit more in detail or you have 200 friends or as in my case they cut the growth rate, and leave you almost have to pay to use mercenaries, the truth that is unfortunate. I hope to readdress its decision and correct, and that 18 hours is a total exaggeration, 6 hours is reasonable, maybe 8 hours but not much more.