Thread: What if TES turn into console exclusive in the Elder Scrolls

What if TES turn into console exclusive in the Elder Scrolls

As there is no definite modding tool released and they are not utilizing computer’s processing power, they may as well abandon the PC market because they still sell very well in the console market. I think Skyrim will probably be the last TES title that supports PC, there will be next gen console and the consoles will have a big leap over XBOX 360's processing power. Also with all the fancy motion controllers coming out for console and leaving PC users no options but to buy consoles.

Re: What if TES turn into console exclusive in the Elder Scrolls

One day the console makers will beat the PC market by making their products incompatible with PC, so that the game makers will have to make completely different games if they want to support both pc and console, effectively forcing the game makers to discard the pc market. If at some point in the future consoles can handle everything the developers and players want, fine. I don't see it happening anytime soon. I don't follow the reasoning. If they're not utilizing PC power to it's utmost they might as well not make it for PC at all? As a PC player I'd rather just have the game and let the processors do what they do.

While computer isn't going to be leaps and bounds in front of consoles, there is no reason why it couldn't still be better. Also, just because there is no confirmed modding tool doesn't mean there won't be one. Bethesda has one of the largest modding communities around, and they actively support their modders. It would make no sense if they unexpectedly just abandoned the modders. In my own view, motion control is still not advanced enough to hold such a determined game as TES V and a lot of people have a preference to use a controller or mouse/keyboard, I am also one of them.

The PC market more likely half of the sales of Elder Scrolls titles. Well maybe in the future consoles will be able to upgrade their components like a computer but cheaper so who knows but doing so now they would lose to many customers they won't make a profit and plus I want mods for an everlasting experience. If TES went console exclusive they would lose a long-time fan and customer (ie. Me). I am sure quite a few of the PC players feel the same.

There is one thing that I wish to mention here is that a lot of newcomers to the Elder Scrolls franchise come through by means of Youtube or other media streaming sites now. And I'm not talking about trailers, I'm talking about stuff like "Triumphant execution of the Adoring Fan" or "Let's Play Oblivion Mods" or something like that. If it's just console exclusive, then the cool console or mod effects are gone and the extreme sense is gone and many people would just buy the next Call of Duty instead of the Elder Scrolls.

Although I am more of a console player nowadays (because my PC cannot run many of today's games), I do not think TES should become a console exclusive. I have played Morrowind on the PC long ago and I had SO much fun with mods and there is such a large mod community. I do not think it is fair to the mod community (and the PC fanbase) to all of a sudden make TES games console exclusive. After all, for many people, mods on the PC add more replayability.